Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Aaanyway... It's always fun to feel like your parents would prefer you to be a young child rather than who you are now...

My grandparents would definitely prefer me as the little girl I used to be! Now I'm almost grown up, have my own opinions and do the things the way I want to do them, and apparently that makes me too difficult to deal with... I guess they would like me as a child who doesen't have too many opinions or values on her own. I haven't even told my grandparents that I'm a vegetarian now, for they wouldn't approve. It's sort of sad, for I would like them to like me. My other grandfather died when I was fourteen, still seeing me as a little child rather than a young woman.

With that said, I don't know your situation that well, but most parents do love their children exactly the way they are. It does take some adapting as the children grow, but evetually, they will adapt. I hope you'll feel better soon!

grandparents are a weird thing for me. I only had grandmothers growing up. My dad's dad died when I was an infant. Although there is picture of him holding me, that of course I can't remember. Kind of an emotional picture for me. His name was Bernie and my grandmother was Bernice. How's that for funny. I knew her for the first half of my life and then I grew up moved away and hardly had any contact with her until she died just a few years ago. It's horrible when I think of it. I don't know why I did that. She played piano, loved Liberace, and sang in a church choir. Strange lady, but she was great. My mother's father was a perv. He was alive for a long time, but I never met him. My mom and my aunt (identical twins)wouldn't have anything to do with him. They hadn't seen him either since they were sixteen years old. He just left. What and idiot. My grandmother on my moms side was the best thing ever. She was almost like a mother to me. She taught me how to play cards, she always wanted me to brush her hair, and she always wanted me to scratch her back. She would have me form letters in back scratch and then try and guess what the letter was. What a cute little trick to get your back scratched. Anyway, you brought it up, so I had to comment. Smiler

I just have to say. At my new school when Im out at the waterfront, I have a clear view of the New York skyline and part of the Bronx. And even though Im not allowed to listen to music at the moment, I still get that nice fuzzy Regina feeling Smiler

I started filling out my ApplyTexas this morning (I'm applying to the University of Texas at Austin). I'm so nervous. All of my friends are ready for college, and I'm not. Thankfully, I have a year. I hope by this time next year I'm pumped...right now I'm not feeling it at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

I started filling out my ApplyTexas this morning (I'm applying to the University of Texas at Austin). I'm so nervous. All of my friends are ready for college, and I'm not. Thankfully, I have a year. I hope by this time next year I'm pumped...right now I'm not feeling it at all.

I started my common app this morning too! I'm terrified about the actual process of applying... but I'm sorta excited for college itself? Maybe? I don't even know Confused

quote:
Originally posted by marjerina:

I'm terrified about the actual process of applying... but I'm sorta excited for college itself? Maybe? I don't even know Confused

Ha ha, I'm the opposite! I'm not nervous about applying - mostly I just think it's tedious - but I'm terrified of college. UT is a huge school, and I really wanted to go to a small school, but UT is my number one choice anyway. I guess that's strange.

A new rant...I lost my iPod. Frowner I still have the headphones somehow, but I have looked everywhere around my house for the past two days and have not found it. I suspect someone accidentally threw it in the trash or something. And this is the second iPod I've owned. My first one was stolen at school.

I'm going to wait a while and look for it some more, but if I don't find it, I will buy a new one. Maybe I shouldn't because I'm irresponsible like that, but I need a portable music player...and if I get another one, or even if I find my current one, I will lock it in a safe when I am not listening to it. Smiler

All this talk about applying for college... That was me just a year ago. The process is totally overblown. Just take it one step at a time, and you'll do beautifully. Hopefully you all have good high school guidance counselors to help you through it.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

All this talk about applying for college... That was me just a year ago. The process is totally overblown. Just take it one step at a time, and you'll do beautifully. Hopefully you all have good high school guidance counselors to help you through it.

That's the precise reason I'm terrified! Thanks to budget cuts, I'm 95% sure my counselor of the past three years is leaving, so I'll have a brand new counselor for this year while I'm applying Frowner It's going to be a mess, especially with how many students we have in the school.

Thanks for the reassurance though! I've at least finished all the basics on the app Smiler