Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

Alicia, college has the weird ability to suck life, vitality and self esteem out of a person. The thing that improved the way I felt the past year or so was surrounding myself with people I wanted to be with. I hated my own company and the thoughts that came when I was left alone. The issues partly resolved themselves. Try not to think about how you feel too much, concentrate on your successes and be strong.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

This has quite possibly been one of the worst nights of my life.

What happened, Raph?

Alicia, I'm sorry you feel that way. I agree with Radka, the best thing you can do is probably just enjoy your time as much as possible.

it's absolutely certain that someday this will clear up and you'll feel better. College isn't an easy transition, but in the end, you'll be a better person for it. Wink

I feel the same a lot of the time, tbh. I just try to stick to doing the right thing and hope for the best. No matter how lonely or empty i sometimes feel, it's just a feeling, just right now. It'll pass.

I just thought it would change when i got home from college and i'd go back to before but it hasn't. (I'm not going back there though, thank goodness) And I have such depressing thoughts every day and dwell on the idea of death all the time. It consumes my thoughts more than it should for any person. Things just keep building too and I feel like I have to act like my old fun happy self around my friends... And the process and fact of me "growing up" and "moving on" and "letting go" are just things that will never ever agree with my personality. And being forgotten. Some things I just dwell on and can't come to accept... and I'm just rambling now.

Thank you all so so much for the kind words of advice. I know you all understand and despite never meeting you I know that you all do care for me and my well being Smiler I really do appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I just thought it would change when i got home from college and i'd go back to before but it hasn't. (I'm not going back there though, thank goodness) And I have such depressing thoughts every day and dwell on the idea of death all the time. It consumes my thoughts more than it should for any person. Things just keep building too and I feel like I have to act like my old fun happy self around my friends... And the process and fact of me "growing up" and "moving on" and "letting go" are just things that will never ever agree with my personality. And being forgotten. Some things I just dwell on and can't come to accept... and I'm just rambling now.

Thank you all so so much for the kind words of advice. I know you all understand and despite never meeting you I know that you all do care for me and my well being Smiler I really do appreciate it.

I'm literally going through the same thing right now... it's hard coming to terms with life and death and the whole process of growing up. But I have met you Smiler, but you are right about a special part of my heart going out to you and the other stixers!