Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

Aww, Alicia, I'm so sorry! Frowner

There's absolutely no way to contact someone for help about this?

I've never used Tumblr, so I don't really know.

God, I really am sorry! Frowner

Do you think it might be the same person?

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Aww, that's messed up. I did some research and found that Tumblr does NOT restore or keep backups accounts, unfortunately. Frowner

I know. And with these email exchanges they are not very helpful or caring.

They have a horrible system going. They don't even save it for 24 hours. They don't require email varification to prove it's you who asked for the deletion and they have no security questions or notices. Basically if you get hacked they can delete everything FAR too easy without the actual users permission. You think they'd have more layers of security! A simple security question or email could have prevented this. It's just frustrating that it was so easy to delete without my permission. Idk what to do, if i should even bother restarting them after I had built up thousands of followers over the year.

But people would always ask me for songs or pictures to print for their walls and discover new songs because of my blog so that makes me want to go back....

Alicia, I know it's difficult to see something you worked so hard on destroyed in such a malicious way. My advice to you is: keep your chin up, and don't let this get you down. Create a new account and start afresh. Your followers will follow.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Aww, that's messed up. I did some research and found that Tumblr does NOT restore or keep backups accounts, unfortunately. Frowner

I know. And with these email exchanges they are not very helpful or caring.

They have a horrible system going. They don't even save it for 24 hours. They don't require email varification to prove it's you who asked for the deletion and they have no security questions or notices. Basically if you get hacked they can delete everything FAR too easy without the actual users permission. You think they'd have more layers of security! A simple security question or email could have prevented this. It's just frustrating that it was so easy to delete without my permission. Idk what to do, if i should even bother restarting them after I had built up thousands of followers over the year.

But people would always ask me for songs or pictures to print for their walls and discover new songs because of my blog so that makes me want to go back....

NOO! Just make a new one and I can tell everyone that you were REGINAHOLIC and FYEAHREGINASPEKTOR can tell everyone that you were REGINAHOLIC and u will get followers fast!!! You have to come back because you are one of the best regina people on tumblr!

wow, I had no idea reginaholic.tumblr.com was yours (fuckyeahreginaspektor.tumblr.com seems to be up? or is that a different blog?).

Maybe try contacting the support team at tumblr, if you haven't already?

Accounts at Gawker/Gizmodo were compromised recently. Check to see if your e-mail/password is on the leaked list here (if you were a commenter on those sites that is): http://www.reddit.com/r/progra...heir_passwords_uses/

I guess it goes to show how important it is to back-up your data regularly, use different passwords, and have passwords that are not easily guessable.

It's a travesty to lose work in general. I hope you can recover some work somehow and continue your projects.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

wow, I had no idea reginaholic.tumblr.com was yours (fuckyeahreginaspektor.tumblr.com seems to be up? or is that a different blog?).

Maybe try contacting the support team at tumblr, if you haven't already?

Accounts at Gawker/Gizmodo were compromised recently. Check to see if your e-mail/password is on the leaked list here (if you were a commenter on those sites that is): http://www.reddit.com/r/progra...heir_passwords_uses/

I guess it goes to show how important it is to back-up your data regularly, use different passwords, and have passwords that are not easily guessable.

It's a travesty to lose work in general. I hope you can recover some work somehow and continue your projects.

fuckyeahreginapsektor is a different person who doesn't seem to come on here (the forum) very much. fyeah usually just reblogs other regina blogs (like reginaholic and mine and other ppl)!!

I'm sorry Alicia. Frowner I vote to make another one.

My wee want: I've been grounded from the Internet .....So I haven't been able to get on here that much. Frowner I try to get on with the little free computer time I get at school....Anyways I love you guys! Big Grin