Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

Alicia, that totally suckssss. But I agree you should make another one! We can get the word out there!

Which tumblr do you run ohmarcello?

I run reginalove.tumblr.com

Thank you so much everyone for the support. It got a lot worse in a very scary way.

So all this week my webcam has been turning itself on, of course I figured it was just a glitch as usual and my laptop was messing up so i preceded to do whatever i do in my room. On Friday night it turned on again and then someone was controlling my computer and a black message box popped up and it said "hi alicia". I said "who is this and how are you doing this" and he said "your hacker Smiler". He had been watching me all week through my webcam, it was one of the scariest experiences ever! Who knows what he saw. He was saying that if i left my screen he would delete everything on my computer (I know nothing about hacking or computers so i didn't leave) He then typed where i lived!!! Everything i've typed or done on my computer for that week he could see. He was nasty telling me to take my clothes off. I cried and my friend texted me what to do and it was all quite frightening. I had no idea that someone could turn on your webcam from thousands of miles away, i also have virus protection and don't do sketchy things online. I am hoping to get my computer fixed and i'm restarting reginaholic and would love any help to get my followers back.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Thank you so much everyone for the support. It got a lot worse in a very scary way.

So all this week my webcam has been turning itself on, of course I figured it was just a glitch as usual and my laptop was messing up so i preceded to do whatever i do in my room. On Friday night it turned on again and then someone was controlling my computer and a black message box popped up and it said "hi alicia". I said "who is this and how are you doing this" and he said "your hacker Smiler". He had been watching me all week through my webcam, it was one of the scariest experiences ever! Who knows what he saw. He was saying that if i left my screen he would delete everything on my computer (I know nothing about hacking or computers so i didn't leave) He then typed where i lived!!! Everything i've typed or done on my computer for that week he could see. He was nasty telling me to take my clothes off. I cried and my friend texted me what to do and it was all quite frightening. I had no idea that someone could turn on your webcam from thousands of miles away, i also have virus protection and don't do sketchy things online. I am hoping to get my computer fixed and i'm restarting reginaholic and would love any help to get my followers back.

WOW!!!!! I am so so so sorry Frowner That is horrible!!!!! What a creep!

Reginaoverdose, what?! You seem to be a magnet for technological mishaps lately.

Okay, do you know who this person is? You need to report this pervert to the authorities and get him some justice. I'm at loss as to give advice and legal counsel.

Are you using WinXP/Vista/7? If so, Microsoft Security Essentials is the best anti-virus software - http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx

You need to do a search for spyware...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will clean almost anything. It's free. Do a scan now:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

WTF. Alicia, what antivirus program are you using?? Most security professionals will tell you that the best antivirus program to use is Bitdefender or Kaspersky . They are ranked highest above all others (AVG, Norton, McAfee, Avast, etc). I've been using Bitdefender Total Security for a really long time and I don't have any issues with viruses or spyware. Believe me, I have tried them all. What's great about Bitdefender is that it will block viruses from being downloaded to your computer in the first place. You should really give it a try. I believe that there is a free trial on their website, and the full version is inexpensive.

Based on what you described, I believe that there is a keylogger on your computer. Download the trial version of Bitdefender, install the program, disconnect from the web, and perform a scan immediately. PLEASE email me if you need help: spektology[at]gmail.com!

I would advise against buying antivirus softwares when there are free and better alternatives.

Microsoft Security Essentials is really all you need (everyone running Windows should download this, please) - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Yes, makingstuffup is right. You have a keylogger and spyware on your laptop. Download Malwarebytes and Security Essentials, disable your wireless, and run a scan.

First, fix up your computer, then deal with this person whose been stalking/harassing you.

quote:
I would advise against buying antivirus softwares when there are free and better alternatives.

It was just a suggestion. For awhile, I was also on the "yay, free software!" bandwagon. But that really didn't work out too well. Speaking from personal experience, bitdefender has worked best for me. I haven't had a virus or any spyware on my computer since I've been using it. MSE seems to be an okay program, but in my opinion, once you've found something that just works, there's no point in switching.

Alicia, I really hope you get these issues sorted. It's quite the scary situation.

I'm simply shocked. Alicia, I'm so sorry about all this. It's the scariest thing I've ever heard. I didn't even know it was possible. I hope that pervert gets his punishment.

As guys said above you can use some software that will prevent such things etc. I can send you a new original version of Bitdefender. Just let me know.

omg, I'm so sorry Alicia!

Have you been to the police? You should definitely report it.

ad anti-virus/spyware, I'm using freeware and never had a virus or trojan even though I'm frequenting some shady websites. I get some from time to time by downloading stuff but they immediately get detected and are taken care of by the antivirus before doing any damage.