Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

meh, I've never really cared for these occasions. It's just another arbitrary revolution around the sun. It's not that significant, but I can't disagree with families gathering round and counting down.

sometimes you just have a bad time. as Churchill said, If you are going through hell, keep going.

tbh, I'm not happy with my life situation either, but I know it is hopefully only temporary. =) we can only control so much of our life. I guess we'll just have to adjust.

My family has been having guests almost every day for some while, and now I have to give up my bedroom to my sister and her baby. It can be slightly annoying to adjust. ;-\

oh, and I have a cold, so I have to keep my distance from my niece, cause my sister will kill me if her baby gets sick.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

meh, I've never really cared for these occasions. It's just another arbitrary revolution around the sun. It's not that significant, but I can't disagree with families gathering round and counting down.

sometimes you just have a bad time. as Churchill said, If you are going through hell, keep going.

tbh, I'm not happy with my life situation either, but I know it is hopefully only temporary. =) we can only control so much of our life. I guess we'll just have to adjust.

My family has been having guests almost every day for some while, and now I have to give up my bedroom to my sister and her baby. It can be slightly annoying to adjust. ;-\

oh, and I have a cold, so I have to keep my distance from my niece, cause my sister will kill me if her baby gets sick.

Well, we are all going through the hell sometimes. And yes, you just have to keep on going through. I hope you feel better mentally and physically. Be strong. Everything is temporary in our lives. We all adapt to the things that happen to us because many of them are not the way we wish/want to be.

I had to give my room for my sister, her husband and their baby too. It was annoying. It was way too many people in the apartment. But that's something that gave some sort of experience too. Try to look at all the things from a bright side. And listen to Regina. She heals. Smiler

hah, no, I'm too busy to have time to reflect on loneliness or lack of colour in life at present. Smiler

yeah, music helps. I can't listen to Regina casually though. She puts too much emotion and heart in her music that I find myself concentrating on her songs too much. Instead, I'm listening to electro-cheer noise pop right now. :-P Mostly to drown out the voices of my noisy family members and also to drown out my own mind and get some work done.

like these songs:

Twin Sister - "All Around And Away We Go" (Teen Daze Remix)

Bibio - "Ambivalence Avenue"

Gauntlet Hair - "I Was Thinking"

Broken Social Scene - "Meet Me In The Basement"

to keep this off-topic discussion relevant, I'll share this entry I wrote in my journal a few weeks ago that explains how I view power music more or less:

quote:
Dear Kitty, I was pondering this while driving home from my last class and got caught up in the rush hour. I was listening to an oldies radio station and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" by The Beatles came on. I was thinking 1) I consume music. I devour it. There's lots of energy stored in music, like how hydrocarbons, proteins and fatty acids are a source of energy (see the songs "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire or "Ring Ring" by Sleigh Bells or even "Little Secrets" by Passion Pit). Musicians and artists pour their heart and soul in their music and give energetic performances of the songs. And I, a lazy bum, steal that energy after coming home tired from another day at school or work and then do nothing. Music has become my drug. My moods are mercurial and my addiction to the songs of the week is fickle also. After an increasingly shorter span of time, whatever song I'm listening to on repeat loses its potency and can't give me the energy boost I crave, so I move on to the next drug, the next song to stimulate me. I've become rather hypersensitive lately. I couldn't sleep a couple nights ago; I could hear a wounded animal moaning outside, the sound of a distant ambulance, the sound of motorcyclists racing through the streets at night, the sound of airplanes, and then the freaking telephone starts ringing, and eventually, the alarm clock starts buzzing. Suffice to say, my brain was refusing to go to sleep mood that night. And another thing, I can never meditate and think of nothing like a monk. I feel like my brain would shut down if that happened. Now I'm rambling. 2) Second train of thought: It would suck if there wasn't Christmas. I'm usually annoyed by the uninspiring and ubiquitous festive songs that I'm forcefully subjected to and the culture of consumerism and gratification and hedonism. Yes, that makes me a phony too, I know. But, back to my point, if it wasn't for the holidays, then it would be another dreary and depressing winter. We need something to look forward to to bear the cold and get through it, so we can finally have our nice little break and time for ourselves and family and friends.

No problem Knsesia! I'm glad I could help! Smiler

Raph: Damn, that's some tough luck. I hope Karma kicks that person's ass.

lol, her name is Ksenia. Get it right. =^P

also, while we're discussing this, my username is LENNONist, a reference to the Beatle John Lennon, not Vladimir Lenin, since I revere John to the point of worship. The Beatles are/were an important part of my upbringing as they influenced my values and morals, even though I'm still a teenager, though not for long.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

lol, her name is Ksenia. Get it right. =^P

also, while we're discussing this, my username is LENNONist, a reference to the Beatle John Lennon, not Vladimir Lenin, since I revere John to the point of worship. The Beatles are/were an important part of my upbringing as they influenced my values and morals, even though I'm still a teenager, though not for long.

haha, that's funny. Big Grin

I'm so sorry! Lennonist! That's a cool nickname..! What's your real name? Smiler