Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

I friggin' hate Oprah and her shitty shitty TV channel.

I just read about that yesterday :P and why oh why isn't even her show on the oprah channel?? it's like: "oh I'll turn on my tv and hmm...what do I want to watch? I know! I'll watch what Oprah would watch!" who does that...?

The network has programming that is aimed at a particular group of people. The Oprah Show isn't on there or any other channel because its run has ended. Based on what I've seen of the schedule, the network is populated with shows hosted by other people and not Oprah herself, so I'm confused by the "narcissistic" comment. Yeah, it's HER network. But 9/10 shows on the network are about/hosted by other people.

I've seen the channel all too frequently because it's overtaken DiscoveryHealth which I used to watch constantly, so now I find myself clicking there out of muscle memory or what have you, only to be constantly disappointed. There was an entire marathon of Oprah behind the scenes the other day. As near as I can tell it's like Lifetime, heavily interspersed with Oprah related crap, and then some poor TLCish shows. BUTTT, they still have mystery diagnosis (yeah, they made a huge deal about how they were keeping that show on her channel- as if to say "see we still love you sciency people" bleh, not true). I think she is narcissistic and has seriously overestimated how interesting she is. But whatever, she's super rich so she can be annoying, eat decent tv channels, and lay back and rake in the dough.

Oh but PS- it seems as though FitTV now has a lot of discovery health's programs. If anyone else is interested.

Okay, so, I was sitting in biology today, doing this long-ass study guide for exams next week, and the teacher says she's gonna turn on some music. So, I'm like, eh... She probably has bad taste. But come to find out, she has amazing taste. AHH! She played Sarah McLachlan, Imogen Heap, Duffy, and our very own, Regina. Samson came on and the girl sitting next to me looked at me and said, "I wish she would turn this shit off and play some real music." So, I said "This is real music, I don't know what shit you listen to. These artists actually have this thing called talent, that most singers don't have these days, so you can shut the hell up."

Is that mean? I got all defensive because it was Regina.. hahaha.