Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

I was on the way to lunch today to meet with a bunch of friends. I was going through a green light, didn't hear or see the cop car running the light until too late, and hit him. FUUUCK!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

Okay, so, I was sitting in biology today, doing this long-ass study guide for exams next week, and the teacher says she's gonna turn on some music. So, I'm like, eh... She probably has bad taste. But come to find out, she has amazing taste. AHH! She played Sarah McLachlan, Imogen Heap, Duffy, and our very own, Regina. Samson came on and the girl sitting next to me looked at me and said, "I wish she would turn this shit off and play some real music." So, I said "This is real music, I don't know what shit you listen to. These artists actually have this thing called talent, that most singers don't have these days, so you can shut the hell up."

Is that mean? I got all defensive because it was Regina.. hahaha.

I'm impressed by your generous restraint. If I were me, the exchange would have gone something like this:

Ripping their hearts out, frying and cooking the meat, and selling it as jerky seems like a fair and just recourse.

Jamie: Sorry to hear. I imagine the crash must have been pretty intense. I hope you and others are okay.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

I was on the way to lunch today to meet with a bunch of friends. I was going through a green light, didn't hear or see the cop car running the light until too late, and hit him. FUUUCK!

That sucks... I hope it's gonna turn out not so bad how it sounds.

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

Okay, so, I was sitting in biology today, doing this long-ass study guide for exams next week, and the teacher says she's gonna turn on some music. So, I'm like, eh... She probably has bad taste. But come to find out, she has amazing taste. AHH! She played Sarah McLachlan, Imogen Heap, Duffy, and our very own, Regina. Samson came on and the girl sitting next to me looked at me and said, "I wish she would turn this shit off and play some real music." So, I said "This is real music, I don't know what shit you listen to. These artists actually have this thing called talent, that most singers don't have these days, so you can shut the hell up."

Is that mean? I got all defensive because it was Regina.. hahaha.

I used to ignore people if they say something bad about Regina. Trying to explain them something is so useless. But when it's too much, I let me thoughts and anger out. Happens very rarely though.

I was in my school's library. Not really studying or working, rather committing chronocide by going on reddit and reading the news. Anyway, at some point I dropped something, and this girl with a pretty smile helped me pick it up. I was so dazzled and disarmed by her smile that I forgot to say thank you. I don't even remember her face, I just remember her smile. I think her name might be Holly but I'm not sure. Another instance of FAIL in my life, brought to you by Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Incorporated.

Do you guys like/care for my "forever alone" and "socially awkward penguin" stories? I could keep it private and just write it in my journal, but it feels better to share with strangers for some reason. I'll be sure to share more of my awkward moments and my love-life woes. *snicker* ;^P

I'm afraid I might be a hopeless romantic and a sadist, or as Shakespeare put it in "The Merchant of Venice", I would be the ever-so "weeping philosopher":

"He doth nothing but frown, as who should say 'If you will not have me, choose.' He hears merry tales and smiles not. I fear he will prove the weeping philosopher when he grows old, being so full of unmannerly sadness in his youth. I had rather be married to a death's-head with a bone in his mouth than [him]. God defend me from these [men]!"

Cue "Melancholy Man" by the Moody Blues (or "I Am A Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel).

"I'm a melancholy man, that's what I am,

All the world surrounds me, and my feet are on the ground.

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can,

All the world astounds me and I think I understand

That we're going to keep growing, wait and see."

In all seriousness, I really couldn't have talked to her, because it was the quiet section of the library. ;^P If it was indeed Holly (I think I might have face amnesia too, or maybe I was too shy to fully look at her in my haste and embarrassment), then I could talk to her at one of the College Democrat meetings. besides, I can't afford a significant other right now. I seem to have a hundred-and-one other problems, you see.

I define 'awkward'. The song "I'm a Loser" by the Beatles was written about me.

Edit: I'm over a 100 posts. When did this happen? ?:^•

NOOOOOO!!! I just found out that the most amazing Thai restaurant here closed. Easily my favorite place to eat in Cleveland, and conveniently like 5 seconds from my apartment. The worst of it, they closed not because they sucked, or business failure, or anything legit- but because they apparently have another, bigger restaurant (far away) that they want to devote all their attention to. eff that. I seriously don't know how I will go on without my curry and pad thai.

^ That sucks, Jamie!

I miss the Stix Frowner I miss posting little comments about little things. I miss reading all the posts and updates. I miss my free time.

My head is so full of things these days, and not the good kind, all lab/schoolwork/academicfuture-related. Sigh

EDIT: Also, I missed my 900th post