Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by Lilly:

^ That sucks, Jamie!

I miss the Stix Frowner I miss posting little comments about little things. I miss reading all the posts and updates. I miss my free time.

My head is so full of things these days, and not the good kind, all lab/schoolwork/academicfuture-related. Sigh

Don't worry; the light at the end of the tunnel in times like this has a way of showing up when you least expect it.

quote:
I was in my school's library. Not really studying or working, rather committing chronocide by going on reddit and reading the news. Anyway, at some point I dropped something, and this girl with a pretty smile helped me pick it up. I was so dazzled and disarmed by her smile that I forgot to say thank you. I don't even remember her face, I just remember her smile. I think her name might be Holly but I'm not sure. Another instance of FAIL in my life, brought to you by Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Incorporated.

Do you guys like/care for my "forever alone" and "socially awkward penguin" stories? I could keep it private and just write it in my journal, but it feels better to share with strangers for some reason. I'll be sure to share more of my awkward moments and my love-life woes. *snicker* ;^P

Oh, lennonist, inspired by you I'm going to have to share my awkward/romantic/painful/joyful story with you. Hope it makes you feel less alone with weird situations like this...

I started university last autumn and hence moved away from my family to another town. I still visit them almost every weekend to spend time with them and see my friends. I always travel by train. One time, over a month ago, it was Sunday and I was in the train, on my way back to my school town. My bag was on the seat next to mine. I was listening to music and letting my mind wander, as a boy (well, a young man) stepped in the car and sat down next to my bag. I looked up and found him very attractive - not exactly handsome, but somehow beautiful and interesting-looking. He was listening to music, too, and scribbling to his notebook. I tried to secretly glance at him every now and then, it I felt like he was looking at me as well, but I was too shy to check. After about ten minutes he started collecting his thigns, getting ready to get off the train. He stood up and almost started walking, but instead he turned back to me and handed me a little folded piece of paper. I was completely baffled and unable to do anything but stretch my arm out and let him drop it to my hand. He smiled and walked away, I stared after him. The train had already started moving again when I was recovered from my confusion enough to unfold his note. It read "Hello! I just thought I'd tell you that I think you're beautiful". I felt like I was about to explode. His little note made me so happy (for I am not that beautiful, and no one ever calls me beautiful) and at the same time broke my heart, as I thought he was beutiful as well and wanted to tell that to him! He didn't write his phone number nor his name and I have absolutely no way of contacting him, no matter how much I want to. Every Sunday I sit in that eight o'clock train hoping to find him, but I haven't got lucky yet and I don't think I will. It's silly to long for someone you don't know at all, but I still do. If nothing else, I would like to thank him for making me so happy for a while.

So techinacally you can consider yourself lucky for having a chance to run into her again and maybe you'll be braver then. Smiler Hope it will turn out wonderfully for you!

ahh, that's such a beautifully bittersweet story. your story reminds me another lovely story -

http://i.imgur.com/bZzOA.jpg and the resolution http://i.imgur.com/nb3n6.jpg

(from http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/c...ldnt_tell_the_story/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/c...ho/c1bot66?context=3)

It's a long comic but heartwarming.

In the same vein, another found connection shared on the site: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskRed..._altered_the/c0tm6ce

There are so many of these types of missed connections. I'll share a few other of my own stories of a similar nature if I feel brave enough and in a wistful mood later. ;^)

---

I just discovered this song today and the lyrics, although meant to be ironic, sadly relate to my persona:

"Please Don't Talk To Me I Fall In Love So Easily" by My Darling YOU!

("For No One" by The Beatles also comes to mind. A song for every occasion. ;^D)

---

bleh, I will edit in the rest of my unfinished thoughts tomorrow, or make a new post. :^)

ughh, I wrote a reply but it didn't submit. ;^\ my thoughts are a bit gutted now. here's the abbreviated version:

The default frontpage sucks and you really have to personalize it to find quality content. lately, I've been finding lots of good indie music from r/listentothis, r/musicforthemoment, and r/treemusic. Someone from reginaspektor.org beat me to starting www.reddit.com/r/reginaspektor though they were kind enough to make me mod. (I have different alt accounts for different subreddits, in case you try to stalk me, one for r/politics and r/science, one for r/scifi and r/doctorwho, one for r/hipstergurlz *cough*, r/AskReddit, r/videos, etc...) Now consider that I lurked for about four years before registering to comment. ;^P Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted, or so they say.

my rant because i'm sure everyone in my life is sick of hearing me talk - i'm not getting along with my roommmate and i don't know what to do about it. i work at the animal shelter and it's very depressing seeing sick animals without homes and motherless puppies dying and dogs dying from cancer or form being hit by a car. school is stressing me out so much and all i seem to do is procrastinate lately.

life is depressing right now Frowner

I think we should create our own non troll politics/current events thread. It seems like a lot of people are interested in discussing issues, but we don't want to feed the troll... He'd probably try to take it over or something. hm :\

^I was thinking about that too. :/

lamesauce.

My rant is that The White Stripes broke up! FrownerFrowner

They've been one of my favorite bands since I was like 11... this is really saddening news. I'm never going to get to see them live...

quote:
Originally posted by ohmarcello:

my rant because i'm sure everyone in my life is sick of hearing me talk - i'm not getting along with my roommmate and i don't know what to do about it. i work at the animal shelter and it's very depressing seeing sick animals without homes and motherless puppies dying and dogs dying from cancer or form being hit by a car. school is stressing me out so much and all i seem to do is procrastinate lately.

life is depressing right now Frowner

Oh. Frowner I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, life can't be full of happy moments all the time. There are always sad ones. We just have to take it and try to make it though.

I love animals so much, I don't think I'd be able to work where you do. It's heartbreaking. But you have to be tough, my friend. Be strong.

Have you tried to talk to your roommate?