Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked. One fig was a husband and a happy home and children, and another fig was a famous poet and another fig was a brilliant professor, and another fig was Ee Gee, the amazing editor, and another fig was Europe and Africa and South America, and another fig was Constantin and Socrates and Attila and a pack of other lovers with queer names and offbeat professions, and another fig was an Olympic lady crew champion, and beyond and above these figs were many more figs I couldn't quite make out. I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.

~ Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

This is exactly how I feel too.

Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill Protest

http://vimeo.com/20089255

Three days of footage (Feb 15-17) from the Madison, WI protest against the SB11 budget repair bill.

Rage Against the Machine and Ben Harper are expected to perform Monday at 5.

Scot Walker and Ron Johnson need to be recalled/impeached.

edit: ahh, Kevin Smith:

http://imgur.com/EOIT6

(http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/fofke/kevin_smith_you_crazy/)

Medium back pain + cleaning = severe backpain. Ouch. (I'm still waiting for my roommate to start doing her part of the chores or at least ask if I would like any help in doing them. I guess I have a long wait ahead of me...)

My heart is crying out for Japan... It is heartbreaking. FrownerFrowner

p.s. I wanted to donate 5 $. That's what I can afford at this moment. When I proceeded my donation, they told me that minimum amount of the donation should be 10 $. Confused They can't just take my 5 $ instead? I don't get it...

Two friends of mine just got out of Japan, I'm so relieved! They are fine but this vacation was a dream come true for them and it sucks that they had to end it like this... Anyway, I'm just glad they got out alive and well. Tourists can always retreat back to their home countries, unlike the people who actually live in Japan. Frowner

To end with a way smaller rant: WHY must Sufjan Stevens have a show in Paris a week after I come back from there!? So. Wrong.