Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by I Am A Mermaid:

Tickets for Kimya Dawson with Aesop Rock sold out...a month early. Since when did Kimya Dawson sell out a month early? Crap. I really wanted to go to that.

Come see her here in DC! It hasn't sold out yet......

Hmm...I don't think its gonna be possible, I have school that day...theres no way I could make it in time. New plan: sneaking into the NY one Wink The Bowery ballroom has a strategically placed smokers door. (now that my plan is on the internet...they'll figure me out :0)

(I apologise for profanities in advance...)

This country is fucking twisted. The party that is about to win the parliament election basically consist of right-wing populists. Fuck. I would love to blame those gross politicians, but it is the Finnish people who are doing this to themselves, to us. I would not like to spend the following four years waiting for people to realise that politics just doesn't work like this. AAAARGH. Take me out of here now!

Thank goodness raspberries taste good and beautiful music sounds lovely no matter who rules the country.

I had a small surgery done in my finger a week and a half ago. Everything was going fine. stitches out. good. And today I almost dropped my plate at dinner, tried to catch it and it hit me directly on the stitch-scar which was already purple... And now it's swollen and I can't straighten it. Again. Became able to do that a few days ago. It really hurt and I started crying really bad and it still hurts like...some bad word...

AND it's hard to play the piano missing a finger.

/end rant

rainna: I can definitely relate to getting annoyed by politics. It can actually be rather depressing sometimes. The best thing to do is try not to get so angered because that leads to irrational thought. It will all be good.

sweetness in my lungs: Frowner! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you get well soon!.....Keep us updated on your healing progress.

I guess this is kind of a miniscule rant but......I feel like I am the only person who has seen reg 5+ times and still haven't met her. Am I the only one? I don't know but its starting to drive me crazy especially after this past weekend. I just want it to happen already!!!! Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

I guess this is kind of a miniscule rant but......I feel like I am the only person who has seen reg 5+ times and still haven't met her. Am I the only one? I don't know but its starting to drive me crazy especially after this past weekend. I just want it to happen already!!!! Frowner

I'm right with you mate. I'm leaning towards abandoning all efforts and not waiting around in future because it seems like the universe is sending me a message and maybe its about time i listen to it.

That having been said, one time i found waiting around after the concert almost as fun as the concert itself!

What happened this past weekend?

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

quote:

I'm right with you mate. I'm leaning towards abandoning all efforts and not waiting around in future because it seems like the universe is sending me a message and maybe its about time i listen to it.

That having been said, one time i found waiting around after the concert almost as fun as the concert itself!

It is frustrating!!! I just keep thinking about that thing reg said about how you can't get mad if something isn't happening, it will happen when you are ready......I guess I'm just not ready to meet her yet haha

Waiting around can be fun because everyone is so anxious hahah....at this past show in NYC for record store day we didn't even really get to wait around because she left immediately. Which I don't blame her because there were a lot of people there in a small tiny room. I guess there is always next time hah

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is frustrating!!! I just keep thinking about that thing reg said about how you can't get mad if something isn't happening, it will happen when you are ready......I guess I'm just not ready to meet her yet haha

Waiting around can be fun because everyone is so anxious hahah....at this past show in NYC for record store day we didn't even really get to wait around because she left immediately. Which I don't blame her because there were a lot of people there in a small tiny room. I guess there is always next time hah

Im sure it will happen eventually for you. You're right, it will happen when its supposed to. You don't want to be like me, meeting her when you're not expecting it and making a complete fool of yourself lol.I hadn't even seen her in concert yet, so I was shocked that she actually existed. Ah, I had such an opportunity to pick her brain, yet instead I had a 5 min conversation of mumbles where I probably had the goofiest expression on my face lol. Oh life. At least it makes for a funny story where at some point I inform her that my mom got my wallet for me :P

quote:
Originally posted by I Am A Mermaid:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im sure it will happen eventually for you. You're right, it will happen when its supposed to. You don't want to be like me, meeting her when you're not expecting it and making a complete fool of yourself lol.I hadn't even seen her in concert yet, so I was shocked that she actually existed. Ah, I had such an opportunity to pick her brain, yet instead I had a 5 min conversation of mumbles where I probably had the goofiest expression on my face lol. Oh life. At least it makes for a funny story where at some point I inform her that my mom got my wallet for me :P

Hahah yea....I was actually starting to think that maybe I need to go to Jack's shows in order to possibly meet her. Didn't you tell me Adria was there too? I guess we can just wait for the next NY show and I can hopefully meet her and you can re-meet her haha