Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

Thank you, Emmerrr and lennonist, for the support, it helps. <3 I ACTUALLY PASSED THAT TEST, which is a small miracle. Unfortunately that removes only one issue from the list...

I don't know what has made me this unhappy and I hate the fact that I can't make it go away. Nowadays, I actually hate it when people ask me about my life, about what's going on. I just can't say that I'm pretty miserable at the moment, so usually I just tell them "Nothing much" and that's it. And then I listen and I discuss other people's lives and their plans. Lately, I've been listening a lot. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like I'm turning in on myself in the process. Blah. This, too, shall pass, I hope. I can't wait for it to pass.

Congrats rainna.

I know what you mean about people asking how you are. I don't know whether to be honest or just say "fine" so we can both be on our merry way. I mean, they’re not really looking for a full medical and psychological report. Most of the time, they don’t really care and are just feigning interest. I usually stick to George Carlin-inspired responses; I'll say that I'm "fairly decent" or I might just say that I’m "relatively okay", and if I'm in a particularly jaunty mood, I'll tell them, "I'm not unwell, thank you.” ;-P

In all cases, for both the bad and the good moments, when the morning comes... now you can't keep letting it get you down.. let it go,

I didn't know where to put this... but it's a rant so well...

I went to this concert thing the other week. It was a competition and the winner would move on to the finals, and a couple of my friends were playing.

And then there was this girl and her keyboard. "Me and mr. Malone". She was pretty good. In the middle of her song she shouted "Let me introduce mr. Malone!" and a guy at the drums appeared and started to play and it was good. But loud and hard to hear the words.

I was like: "well. pretty good. Obviously she must listen to regina. But she's given it her own twist. She sounds like Marina and the diamonds though. both in singing style and song writing..."

But I still liked her, just thought she should maybe not make her voice sound so unnatural while singing.

And then suddenly she bursts out:

No thank you, no thank you, no thank you, no thank you, I'm not gonna pay for this shit!

four times in a row. Almost exactly like regina! in tempo and rythm. A slight change in melody.

And I was so angry! You can't do that! AAaaa!

And now I saw she won the jazz award.

Come on. Be original.

I'm stuck in an almost paradoxical situation with the Social Security administration. I (possibly) didn't get a SSN when I was born, we haven't needed one until now (for job, license, food stamps, etc.), and since I don't really have official, valid proof of my existence, I officially don't exist to them.

I've applied for a SSN reguardless, but if they deny it, we're not sure what we're going to be able to do, especially with all the bureaucratic bullshit they make us go through. I won't be able to get a job, get a license, an ID... anything I need to have in order to, you know, survive.

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

I didn't know where to put this... but it's a rant so well...

I went to this concert thing the other week. It was a competition and the winner would move on to the finals, and a couple of my friends were playing.

And then there was this girl and her keyboard. "Me and mr. Malone". She was pretty good. In the middle of her song she shouted "Let me introduce mr. Malone!" and a guy at the drums appeared and started to play and it was good. But loud and hard to hear the words.

I was like: "well. pretty good. Obviously she must listen to regina. But she's given it her own twist. She sounds like Marina and the diamonds though. both in singing style and song writing..."

But I still liked her, just thought she should maybe not make her voice sound so unnatural while singing.

And then suddenly she bursts out:

No thank you, no thank you, no thank you, no thank you, I'm not gonna pay for this shit!

four times in a row. Almost exactly like regina! in tempo and rythm. A slight change in melody.

And I was so angry! You can't do that! AAaaa!

And now I saw she won the jazz award.

Come on. Be original.

Well, I understand being annoyed with that, but Regina has kind of done the same thing in a few of her songs. I always see it as an ode to the song or poem or whatever that inspired her. In Daniel Cowman she uses the melody of a Frank Sinatra song towards the end. Two birds is kind of an elaboration of Bird on a Wire by Leonard Cohen. The end of Poor Little Rich Boy is a nod to Patti Smith.

I would probably be annoyed if she ripped off lines from Regina's songs in every one of her songs though...

RJLupin2: That sounds like a real pain. You don't have a birth certificate or anything?

Today, I was quietly sitting by myself on the bus, as always. Using my headphone's to drown out my mind the screaming children around me. After a stressful day, I'm trying to listen to Scarecrow and Fungus and all the kids are bouncing around the bus yelling things like "alpha kenny body" (say it really fast. get it? *sarcastic laugh*) and then scream-giggling at their hilarious selves. These are the people I have to put up with eight hours a day. -_-

I'll fuck anybody? Clever kids...

Ellie, you'll meet more interesting and mature people that are like you in high school. It gets better. ;^) Just keep rocking out to your own beat.

Sorry to hear about that, Remus. Homeland Security is a bureaucratic nightmare. You need a SSN to go to college and get FAFSA/federal aid too. Hopefully they'll fix their mistake, since you were born and have documentation and witnesses.

is there a thread that deals with COVERS of regina spektor songs?

what do people here think of people covering poor little rich boy (chair and all) ? has anyone tried to do this? some girl from my high school wants to learn to do this and for some reason it rubs me the wrong way.. i dont know why or if it is fair to think this, but find your own thing. i just associate this so much with regina and don't understand the need to 'cover' it or in other words to just copy it exactly. ... whatever.. i'm not expressing myself clearly, but i'm bothered by it.