Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

@rainna: its all part of being a teenager. 90% of the friends I hold close are girls, and they have the same problems.. Sadly the one I have a small *maybe not so small* thing for is 100% oblivious. I guess I respect our friendship too much to say so.. I guess rejection plays a role too.. I dunno, relationships are hard.

My rant. I don't waaaaant to gooooo to work todayyyyy Frowner

I typically don't get pissed off at a lot of things. But the one thing I can't stand is being talked to like I'm an idiot. Especially by someone you are supposed to respect like your parents.

Okay, I screwed up! I left the freaking door unlocked after i left! It doesn't mean I'm mentally handicapped. It makes meh mad to be talked down upon, and does not inspire feelings of respect.

Sweet tits. *groooan* Why must being a teenager make you so pissed sometimes?!?!! Smiler hahahah.

Don't worry wonderkid, I feel where you're coming from.Parents are wonderful at overreacting, and terrible at seeing things from your perspective. You are still a kid to them, everyone your age is. It's not that they've forgotten what it was like to be a teenager, just that they remember themselves as irresponsible and young and naive and not-as-grown-up-as-they-thought-at-the-time. Like how you see what you were like at 12 now vs. how you saw yourself then, it can't be helped.

The best thing you can do is deal with the reciprocations of one dumb mistake without protesting too much. They'll get over it and treat you with respect much quicker that way. They just worry about you, and show it in innefficient ways Razzer

Also, on the girly sitch, I say if you have any inkling that she could feel similarily that you tell her. Respect for your friendship is a good sign that you'd do well in a relationship with her. Respect is pretty important in those Wink Yes, she may tell you that she sees you as only a friend - I don't know the dynamic of your friendship, but chances are that if she wants a relationship at all, it would be with someone she knows and is comfortable with.

My boyfriend and I were pretty much best friends for a year with him having a crush on me (which I was oblivious to) for most of that time. When he finally told me it I did see it coming but was still doubtful as to whether or not I was imagining that he cared for me as more than just a friend. It's been three years for us, so I recommend that you give it a go.

Rejection is indeed a scary concept, and probably its not that she's entirely oblivious, but rather that she is second-guessing what she thinks you feel for her.

quote:
@rainna: its all part of being a teenager. 90% of the friends I hold close are girls, and they have the same problems.. Sadly the one I have a small *maybe not so small* thing for is 100% oblivious. I guess I respect our friendship too much to say so.. I guess rejection plays a role too.. I dunno, relationships are hard.

Thanks for the support! The crappy thing is that I only have a little over a month left of my teenage years, so I guess I need to figure this out pretty soon... Big Grin

I've been rejected and it hurts so much, so I hate being in situation where I should be the one to cause that amount of pain to another person. He's not really a friend of mine, we don't know each other that well, so I hope this won't be as bad as it could be. And if I could force myself into liking him, I would do that right away. Unfortunately, relationships just don't seem to work that way...

(Also: Yay, George posted!)

Hey, I'm losing my teenag-ity too. I have 2 months and less than 20 days. I'm trying to read as many children's books I can before then... My childhood has been a wasteland. ;-\ I need to do something stupid and rash and reckless before then while I'm still young and foolish.

This is a bit depressing. I think I might be having a premature quarter-life crisis (or maybe even half-life :^o).

Turning twenty IS damn depressing! I definitely am a teenager, not a grown woman with an age that starts with number 2. I'm still so silly and unexperienced! I feel like I should have done all things cool by now and I haven't and I'm freaking out. Usch. I'm going to be such a pathetic 20-year-old.

haha I don't think 20 gains you much more clout than you got with 18 (at least around here). The idea of being a "grown up" is pretty weird, but I think at 20 you're safely with in the realm of not having to be one yet if you don't want to. =)

PS- I didn't start doing cool things until I was almost 23. :P

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

Turning twenty IS damn depressing! I definitely am a teenager, not a grown woman with an age that starts with number 2. I'm still so silly and unexperienced! I feel like I should have done all things cool by now and I haven't and I'm freaking out. Usch. I'm going to be such a pathetic 20-year-old.

i felt the OPPOSITE when i turned 20! i was like "finally, i'm not a teenager!" - i dont think being a teenager is a good thing. 20 year olds rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm 21)

Big Grin

I'm 20 years of clean... never truly hated anyone or anything. But I just got to get me out of here...

or as Julia Stone put it in 'Chocolates & Cigarettes':

"Still too young to fail, too scared to sail away. But one of these days I'll grow old

And I'll grow brave and I'll go... One of these days."

There are certain things I have to do, and there are things that I want to do. Most of the time it's a balancing act... and when you finally do something nice for yourself you feel guilty... It's not time or passing of age that concerns me, it's the closing of the last act.

For example, I've always wanted to go up against the current on an escalator (maybe oneday when the mall is empty lol), but I'm not a wee lad anymore so I can't get away with it, you know? Silly things like that.

As Peter Pan (or rather, the author J.M. Barrie) says, "If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

I don't think anyone really grows up - they just get older. Adults are just kids with money. The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys, as the saying goes.

A madder and more extreme example from the show hulu.com/Misfits:

Nathan Young's Sermon on the Rooftop

"If you could see yourselves... We had it all. We have fucked up bigger and better than any generation that came before us. We were so beautiful... We're screw-ups. I plan on staying a screw-up until my late twenties, or maybe even my early thirties."

We're blindfolded to mindlessly accept the values and not to question the traditions or trajectory of things from the past generation.

I'm not going to feel any more enlightened or experienced the day after the world around me has circled the sun 20 times... I'm a giant manchild, and I think I'm cool with that.