Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

The Ministry of Education want to close down my school. Or actually, to be precise, not the entire school but the faculty of music along with some other faculties. The situation is pretty absurd. Our school is doing well financially, we have good teachers and good students, we have projects, we co-operate with several institutes and employers. People who graduate from our school get a job straight away in most cases, and I do think that should count. Still, there is a possibility that we will be going down. I feel pretty helpless and sad right now.

That is awful! I feel like a lot of schools end up getting their music programs shut down even though it is one of the most important subjects. I think it has even been proven that people who are involved in music do better in other subjects too. Hope it doesn't get closed down Frowner

quote:
I smell an opportunity to hold a protest concert?

Hope everything works out.

We're definitely not going down without a fight! We are scheming all sorts of events and other stuff in order to make our faculty visible and to make people feel like culture actually matters. I just have none extra time or energy whatsoever at the moment, and credible protesting requires both... Gah. I understand that the goverment needs to save money and of course it's more important to educate nurses than music pedagogs, but our school is doing so well! It seems quite unfair.

Considering that I am cheering for the preservation of our school so loud, I am a terrible student right now. I'm so very tired, I feel like I have way too much work for one person to handle. Yet many of my fellow students are doing even more than I am, and I don't hear them complaining or burning out... Maybe I'm just slow, lazy and inefficient. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have a week off coming up!

Thanks, G. I've been feeling a lot better since I posted that! My throat seems to have cleared up, and most of my sinuses too, but I still can't shake that sick feeling...

@Rainna:

That really sucks, music is so good and important! I hope things work out! Keep us updated, ok? Smiler

There is a family of rather vocal owls in my yard. I do appreciate their strange beauty, but I'm a bit sleepy and the hooing is still ensuing, even at this cold hour.

No sense in getting bothered about it I guess. Some people don't have owls in their trees, or even yards for them to hoo in..

Hoodie-hoo Brumstix, and gnight!