Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

First of all, Be like the water,people., I like your posts! don't stop. I've been reading brumstix for a long time (with an occasional hiatus or two) so I would know.

I hope that's not creepy...I just never had the guts to actually post anything. :/

Also, I'm sorry for posting sooo much already. I feel like as a newcomer I should really cool it down a bit. I will.

I just needed somewhere to go (like a support forum for people "suffering" from Reginaitis). I don't know anyone personally who cares as much as I do. When I told my cousin about a new album coming soon, her reaction was "Oh....cool...".

Anyway, to stay on topic of the thread:

WEE RANT: Anyone else notice all the pictures and other content missing from all over brumstix? Especially in "your fav. photos of Regina". I know this has been happening with the wedding photos and stuff but most of the other photos were harmless!

Also, Reginapolis posted this a few days ago:

17 removal notices

What's going on??

P.S. sorry again, this was incredibly long. I'll take a little break from posting.haha Big Grin

edit: Um, i just wanted to say I gave My So Called Life a chance and started watching it on Netflix. It's pretty good so far. Ok now I'm done.

No, don't stop posting, haha! This place has been pretty quiet lately, and it's awesome having some people posting again. Big Grin

The stuff with copyright is quite strange, I must agree... Were pictures in the "favorite pictures of Regina" thread saying they got taken down due to copyright, or were they just not available at all?

Porcupine-ology: A)That doesn't seem creepy at all (reading that back, it sounds sarcastic, but I don't mean it to be Smiler) B) Thanks for bringing that up. I was thinking the other day if it maybe had something to do with the whole Megavideo/Megaupload thing and the proposed legislation that has been all over the news. I don't know what it was, but it would seem that Google didn't like it. I think I heard somewhere that tumblr is under a lot of pressure from various groups to enforce copyright, Since there is no real protocol for that, maybe they are overreacting?

This is minor...well, maybe not because it affects my immediate future drastically. Anyway, I'm currently applying to study abroad for a semester at Lancaster University. I finished every single part of the application that I could as early as possible. It is now February 19, and this thing I've been working on for a good 3 months is due TOMORROW, and I'm still missing a letter of recommendation. I emailed the person writing last week. She responded YESTERDAY that she has started it. I'm just having a small heart attack and losing sleep because I've been keeping myself awake worrying. I just would like things to work out.

Aw, thanks guys. Sorry about that post. I feel like it kind of came off as attention-seeking, though i didn't intend it to be

Jamie R: You'll be okay! If the time is getting short, maybe just one more nugde will be enough, although your letter-writer might well be on their way to finishing already.

Although, since it's due tomorrow, maybe you should ask for a draft if possible. The deadline might have slipped their mind, but you'll want a complete application for sure, even if the letter's not drafted as well as it might have been

RJLupin2: The pictures just say "This image has been removed at the request of its copyright owner". Frowner

I think Jamie R. is right. They are overreacting.

Jamie R.: That sounds so frustrating! I really hope everything works out and you get that recommendation letter in time. How long can it take to write a letter?!

Someone in Regina's camp/management/label has literally been going around tumblr and other places, sending out dmca notices and having things removed. It's not just wedding pictures, it's other stuff like the shervin lainez photos (example, this one), and other things like gifs (the gif in reginaoverdose's signature is now gone). This is why the bulk of the most recent images posted in the photos thread have been removed. They've also been removing mp3s of live songs from Regina's unreleased catalog. It's just very odd and a serious overreaction.

Who ever is taking them down is totally overreacting! Somethings I can understand why they would be taken down but some of those pictures have been floating around the internet for quite some time now. Like the one with the blue background...I don't see how Regina would be mad for that being shared...she looks beautiful! It's just kind of annoying that I guess no matter what we post picture or music wise it can just get deleted randomly Frowner

Nooooo! Not unreleased songs, please!!!

They can take the images, but the songs have never been a problem before this, so why now? Please leave those up, they're a massive part of the Regina magic that has led to the fanbase she currently has!

Regina without unreleased recordings is like a TV screen that's missing all of the cool colors! It's so important to what Regina Spektor is for us! I do not like these new developments... At all.

What songs are missing exactly? Who posted them, where were they recorded?