Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

One more week until spring break starts... i can do this, i can do this...

is it nap time? homework time? time to play a game? to play piano? i don't know what to do!

More internet procrastination, probably until dinner. #plan

Ahh you're so lucky :P I started school again, a few weeks ago. Is spring break the longest holiday, like the break between grades?

School this year is kind of alright though (knock on wood). After the 6 week holidays (sleeping during the day and on the internet/ watching TV at night) having a routine is almost.. good. Wink

Haha I'm so articulate in my.. words.

About all the unreleased songs - it's so weird they'd take down demos/live recordings! There's heaps of recordings of other copyrighted songs, I wonder why they're doing it now? The photos being taken down is strange, as well. Except for the wedding ones. I can understand that. But, I -cough- didn't randomly find a website with the wedding pics on them, and I -cough- totally didn't save them to my hard-drive.

wee rant that is going to have me upset for a while:

My boss is the worst person. I had plans to see my favorite band play in NYC next weekend and she scheduled me to work for the sole reason that she doesn't want to. I've worked for her for almost 4 years and she always does this kind of crap to me. I don't know whether to go to NYC or stay to work Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Kateateyou:

Ahh you're so lucky :P I started school again, a few weeks ago. Is spring break the longest holiday, like the break between grades?

School this year is kind of alright though (knock on wood). After the 6 week holidays (sleeping during the day and on the internet/ watching TV at night) having a routine is almost.. good. Wink

Haha I'm so articulate in my.. words.

About all the unreleased songs - it's so weird they'd take down demos/live recordings! There's heaps of recordings of other copyrighted songs, I wonder why they're doing it now? The photos being taken down is strange, as well. Except for the wedding ones. I can understand that. But, I -cough- didn't randomly find a website with the wedding pics on them, and I -cough- totally didn't save them to my hard-drive.

Spring break is only 2 weeks. Our longest one is the break for the summer, between school years. That one lasts for months! But two weeks off will be wonderful.. i'm seriously thinking about planning a week away, somewhere fun. The only problem is that i'm broke. But two weeks at home will equal 2 days of family time, then sleeping/tv/internet til it's time to go back. Might as well keep myself moving, you know?

I'm glad you're having a not-terrible school year! I can relate; besides the academic stress i cause myself with procrastination, this has been a decent semester thus far. Smiler

Argh, why must I be such an absent-minded failure?! I am finishing my application for studying abroad next semester and just realised that I lack one important document. A document I must get from a certain office person in my school. She has to translate it herself, so it will porbably take a couple of days, and I so wanted to get this thing posted tomorrow... It won't be a complete disaster if the application will arrive a couple of days late, but I'm just so annoyed at myself for forgetting this one crucial thing. I would have wanted to give a good first impression and at least mail this stuff in time. I really, really want to go and get away for a year, I simply can't screw this up, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now. Frowner

Don't be too hard on yourself; i can relate on the late application thing. It sounds like you've done everything you can for now, so be proud of that, and let the chips fall where they may! It sounds like you're doing alright, even if you're not as on top of things as you'd planned. But i think being a student and a young person in general is the time for screw-ups and close calls. Life throws enough tough stuff at us, whether we're ready or not. Best to bump your butt early, before you're independent, as long as you learn your lesson. That's at least what i tell myself!

Anyway, you didn't ask for that half-baked opinion anout life.. I hope everything works out for you!! where do you hope to study?

Thanks for the support! Everything actually worked out in a weird and backwards way - the person responsible of sending out the applications was ill, so any of us applicants didn't have a chance to give out the papers until Wednesday. So they'll probably be at the receiving school a little late, but it won't be my fault, so it shouldn't make me look too bad. I'm so very happy and relieved that I'm pretty much done with the application process. I have invested so much time and energy in it. Now there's really nothing else to do but wait. I don't think my chances to get in are that big, but worrying about it now won't do me any good. I'll just wait and be pleasantly surprised if they will choose me. Smiler

I guess I am allowed to screw up a little, being still quite young and all, but I tend to be a bit hard on myself about this stuff. Perfectionism + tendency to procrastinate + incapability to remember practical factors about things = an awful lot of stress. But perhaps one has to be a little silly and do stupid mistakes in order to become wise, considerate and reasonable. I certainly hope so!

I hope to study in Cork, Ireland. Really, I just want to get away for a while, meet new people and get new experiences, but I've also been fascinated with Ireland for years and even visited the country once. I think it could be nice, and I would hopefully learn to speak English well if nothing else (and absorb the awesome accent, of course!). Fingers crossed!

I contemplated putting this in the major rants thread, but does anyone on here suffer from seasonal allergies? This year has been the worst so far. I've taken every otc allergy med in the book and nothing seems to work. It feels like having a cold that just won't go away. Frowner x1000000

^^Yeah, because we had a mild (nearly non-existent!) winter, pollen count is insanely high around here. My dad never has allergy problems, but he is lately.

His friend's wife actually had to have her nose cauterized because it was bleeding in relation to allergies (i don't know the details, only that her allergies are very active, anyway.)

So things are hard all around for allergy people, even if it normally isn't. at least around here!

Good luck. i think i'm lucky not to have run into allerfy problems yet, especially since my capus has sooooo many plants around!

I think my allergies are the worst they have ever been. I feel like I have to sneeze every five seconds which is the worst feeling.

The medicines never work for me either. I've heard that the best thing to use is local honey if you can find it. Bee pollen is also good. And then really spicy stuff like wasabi and jalapeno peppers help clear your sinuses.

Hope you feel better soon!