Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

Wonder bread, I'll definitely shoot you an email at some point. Smiler I think it is so impressive to be the first out of a family going to college, and I have so much respect for you.

And SATs do suck. So so much. Standardized testing is dumb.

And you're so right, all of the stress I feel right now is about getting into my choice college. For some reason, I've always told myself that once I'm in, I'll be just fine. But the fact is that then I have to worry about what to do with my life. AHHH. hahha.

I think I definitely fall into the category of having grown up on the stix. I was fairly young when I joined, and said some pretty cringe-worthy things, but then again, I read posts that I made two weeks ago and feel just as bad about them. So maybe I haven't changed nearly as much as I thought. Oh dear. Oh well. At this rate, in about 3 days I will regret this post.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Woah. I think this belongs in the major rants section, kateateyou.

I hope things get better for you!

Razzer

Seriously, though, i get where you're coming from. I think at a certain age, the bare minimum for appearance kind of skyrockets.. i've been feeling the same pressure, especially as girls 4 and 5 years younger than me are wearing makeup, getting their hair professionally done, getting nails done, etc. Then when we stand next to each other, i look like the younger one! haha!

I especially feel you on the hair thing. Most days, it's straight into a ponytail until i go to bed, because i'm not a freaking beautician and i can't manage this jungle on top of my head! xD

What's this "bathing" of which you speak?? '

Thanks Smiler Ah it's not too bad. I feel like overreacted a bit. And ahaha, I almost didn't notice your hidden text xD

Almostspotless - you shouldn't regret that post Smiler but I feel exactly the same way... a couple of days ago I looked at these old posts on a (different) forum from when I was 11 or 12.. I "wr0+e nd seplt wodrs like tihs" and said things like "u should kno im a very random person sumtimes". Ahahah. I died when I saw them.

quote:
And ahaha, I almost didn't notice your hidden text xD

Eeker

Be like the water, people.: Do you often hide text on your posts? (Say 'no' please. I'm a very curious person and you have something like.. 1972 posts.)

^^haha! I don't think you overreacted, kateateyou: venting is good for the soul Razzer

Kaior: lol! no, i haven't done the hidden text thing in a very long time! At least a few months if not a couple of years! I started doing it when Alicia (reginaoverdose) suggested we all use more color when posting here on the 'stix, but eventually i think people kind of forgot about doing that/we all got too lazy lol!

...But it never hurts to check, right? Muahaha!

Oh gosh, exams in the summer? That's not humane... Good luck, guys!

My rant: I slept whole two hours last night. At least I think it was two hours, I'm not sure since I fell asleep with a book still in my hand sometime after 11 pm and the woke up 1.20. Never fell asleep again. Thank you night work for messing up my sleep patterns! I usually work from 1.10 am to 5.30, then go home and get some sleep and wake up again around 2 pm, but since it was my day off I really just wanted to sleep at night and be awake when normal people are. My body's idea of a nice compromise: sleeping neither during the night nor during the day! Now I just have this horrible headache and general awful feeling, but I'm still not a least bit sleepy. (Bah, and this rant is starting to feel more and more trivial as I go on. I guess I'll just go and stare at the ceiling for a while...)