Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

aw, thanks sweetness! That means a lot Smiler i hope people aren't rolling their eyes at me or thinking i'm really childish, but i really needed to hear that. Big Grin

i feel better today--we did 10 minute presentations today instead of regular lectures, and i did mine on regina xD getting to tell people about her is a great way to brighten your moods, Stixers! Take it from me! and it helps if you have an audience who is primarily concerned with waiting for you to shut up so they can clap, rather than giving feedback and asking questions like "if she wants to have the daughter's baby, doesn't that make her a lesbian?" and "no one washes their tablecloths in the river these days, this chick is crazy" lol

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Haha! a couple of people actually said that they already liked her a lot, and one girl mentioned to me that Regina was going to Russia Smiler pretty recent news!

I think you just found the people you should be hanging out with!! Wink

faskdhg.

Three days ago my mom told me she would let me go to Regina's show in Kansas City, MO. It's only 3 hours away, and it's literally the closest she's ever been to me.

Today she's decided that it's just not going to happen. "What if it's snowing? I have school that day! You just can't go." WTF. Incredibly bummed, very annoyed.

I wish I felt more comfortable driving long distances at night in the winter...being 17 clearly sucks. :P

quote:
Originally posted by TC:

faskdhg.

Three days ago my mom told me she would let me go to Regina's show in Kansas City, MO. It's only 3 hours away, and it's literally the closest she's ever been to me.

Today she's decided that it's just not going to happen. "What if it's snowing? I have school that day! You just can't go." WTF. Incredibly bummed, very annoyed.

I wish I felt more comfortable driving long distances at night in the winter...being 17 clearly sucks. :P

Having been the awkward concert-going age (that is, not being quite old enough and/or comfortable enough with driving oneself to a show that is far away, yet feeling slightly infantile with a parent) for many a Reg show, I definitely feel your pain. I've been in your place many times. (And likely will be for a while, due to my apparent reticence to get my driving license on time/do anything I am supposed to on time.) Here's hoping your mother changes her mind and has a sudden burst of reginitis that causes her to suddenly realize that she would like nothing more than to spend the evening driving through the winter perils to experience a concert like no other.

There is something seriously craptastic going on with my laptop... It's jumping around, and every once in a while i get a message on startup that says, "you might be a victim of software counterfeiting" but when i click the link, it doesn't find any problems Confused

sometimes it can run fairly smoothly, others it won't even open a wordpad document.

I am NOT tech-savvy, but this is going to be a problem when i get back to school...

I've run anti-virus every day, and lately it hasn't been finding anything.I really just want this hunk of junk to work right... It already gets stupid when i move it, so it's effectively a desktop computer that i can carry (that is, if i don't mind it freezing endlessly over the next week or so..)

does anyone have other suggestions about how to fix problems with a slow/poorly performing computer? It's a PC.... toshiba.... i use chrome... that's about all i know to tell you. Razzer

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TC, i'm soooooooo sorry about the concert! I hope you can still see her soon! FrownerFrownerFrowner Good luck!

Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

There is something seriously craptastic going on with my laptop...=

Well, having several years of help desk experience, it has all the characteristics of spyware...which most anti-virus programs won't catch,. I strongly recommend running malwarebytes which is very effective and has a free version.. .I would recommend updating the definition files after you download it.. you can get it here:

http://www.filehippo.com/downl...ebytes_anti_malware/

good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

yet feeling slightly infantile with a parent) for many a Reg show, I definitely feel your pain. I've been in your place many times. (And likely will be for a while

Yes, but who has the coolest and best looking Mom at every show? Cool Sure isn't me!