Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

yet feeling slightly infantile with a parent) for many a Reg show, I definitely feel your pain. I've been in your place many times. (And likely will be for a while

Yes, but who has the coolest and best looking Mom at every show? Cool Sure isn't me!

Haha, true true. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy going to shows with her, and she is in fact the coolest mom in existence.

It is almost 2 am.

I got home from a 6-hour shift (after a full day of classes) at my job as a server/bartender for this super boring wedding about an hour and a half ago and still can't sleep.

I have to wake up in four hours to go to my other job at a clothing store, to work an 8 hour shift.

At least I brought home a ton of free pie.

the old brumstix is gone... forever.

am i the only one that's kinda sad?

Me too, a bit. I think change is good.. except the big Regina head on every new page makes going on here at school a bit more conspicous (it's one of the few websites not blocked by the filters) ;)

Me too, a bit. I think change is good.. except the big Regina head on every new page makes going on here at school a bit more conspicous (it's one of the few websites not blocked by the filters) ;)

At the bottom of the page, well, just above the black footer (if that's what it's called..) there's an option that reads Change Theme. You can switch to a really boring-looking theme, IP.Board Mobile, that is compatible for mobile browsing. So that might be an option? :]

People who are acting like the hurricane "wasn't that bad" are really bumming me out. People from my hometown are still acting annoyed that they didn't lose power! WTF?! Why would you complain about not losing power?? I can't help but be upset when my friends could have lost everything and places I have visited and love are completely devastated. I just don't understand how people can be so ignorant just because they personally didn't get effected :(

People who are acting like the hurricane "wasn't that bad" are really bumming me out. People from my hometown are still acting annoyed that they didn't lose power! WTF?! Why would you complain about not losing power?? I can't help but be upset when my friends could have lost everything and places I have visited and love are completely devastated. I just don't understand how people can be so ignorant just because they personally didn't get effected :(

Yeah. It didn't really hit too bad here luckily and I have joked to myself and my parents that the hurricane was really lame (it was just to boost morale while our lights are out, you know?), but it's horrible what's happening only just a hundred miles southwest of here and I can't imagine how someone could think it hasn't destroyed lives. :(

Did everyone on the board who lives in the impacted areas make out okay?

Power out a couple of days, and gasoline shortages, but I suppose it could always be worse... I was concerned about Regina being stuck in the UK.. I see she is on Carson Daly tonight.. and planning a Singapore trip in Dec... I wonder how much of a fan base she has there?

The little bit of flooding we had here a couple of weeks ago suddenly seems quite inconsequential... I hope everyone's okay! It's weird how we humans so easily forget how powerful nature can be and how much devastation it can cause. :(

The tiniest, not-hurricane-level rant: I had a perfect opportunity for a romantic comedy moment in the school library yesterday. I was looking for material for my resource file, going through songbooks and copying the songs I want to use. I got up to get another book from the shelf, and managed to sweep all my papers off the desk and all over the floor. It was embarrassing, yes, but at the same time I couldn't help thinking that it would be a perfect moment for a knight in shiny armour. But nope, everyone just sat on their computers and didn't even look up. People these days can be so depressing! And I had to gather all the papers myself, which was a bit lame. :D