Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

I'm so sorry to all the people who were affected by the hurricane! I hope you all pull through ok. I used to have a lot of family in NY, but they've moved to other places recently, which i'm grateful for. I just wish this didn't have to happen at all. :(

rainna, that's hilarious-- i'm glad i'm not the only one who notices little moments like that haha!

the old brumstix is gone... forever.

am i the only one that's kinda sad?

No!! I'm still not used to this newfangled thing, what with its colors, customizations... I'm an old soul, and i can't keep up with all you young folks!

My wee rant: my procrastination is in full swing.. this is my last year in college, but it feels like it'll never end, and i have zero motivation! :( Does anyone have any pointers, maybe?

I have been horribly betrayed by films and tv - in fiction the clumsy, awkward and strange girls are always the most adorable ones and they ALWAYS get that loveliest guy. Well, I'm pretty much as clumsy, awkward and strange as a girl will get, but I don't see any prince charmings buzzing around me! Although I guess in addition to these qualities you're supposed to be ridiculously beautiful, which is the ingredient I'm sadly lacking... But that won't stop me hoping that life would work out like it does in the movies! :D

Oh procrastination, my best friend and most fatal enemy... I'm probably the last person to give advice about this since I'm supposed to be writing an essay even now, but my strategy is to make lists. When I have loads to do and don't really know how to approach any of it, I write it all down. I make cathegories - one for school and one for general paperwork and so on - and then sort all the things in them and put them in an order according to their deadlines. That helps me make sense of the chaos and to actually see what it is that I'm supposed to do and when. And crossing things off that list is one of the most satisfying things there is!

Also, Charlie.

I just realised that linking a person to YouTube is seriously enabling their procrastinating habits... Sorry! :D

Edit: Wow, I didn't realise the video would... appear like that! Weird!

I want to post in the "What are you listening to right now?" thread, but it'd be my third post in a row, which I feel bad about! So I'll just post it here:

I also found this video which uses the same music. Beautiful:

Ok, real wee rant here. I woke up earlier, turned my head too fast and heard a really loud cracking sound in my neck. Now I can barely turn my head at all and it hurts really bad. :(

Ouch... Did you see a physiotherapist? This has happened to me several times and I know that it hurts a lot. I hope you feel better now!

Nah, I was just really stressed before I went to sleep and I don't think I moved enough while I was actually sleeping. Then, when I woke up, my neck was super stiff. It's a lot better now, though I still can't move my head at an angle that puts pressure on the area.

I'm new here. Nice to meet you all.

My I-pod died for the third time yesterday. And for a while now I have been considering getting a new I-pod, either Nano or Touch, not just because my first generation I-pod is beaten and outdated, but because Regina's album cover is on advertisements. :P

But my I-pod miraculously came back to life today, again, so that thought has been delayed. If my I-pod was a cat, it has 6 lives left.... Still though, Regina is doing a great job at making me think about buying a new I-pod. I will probably cave in within the next few weeks, Of course, the first thing I'm gonna' load up is all of Regina's albums. :D

Edited by KenTLEdood

I've been trying for the past week to get a friend of mine to go out with me and my parents for Christmas, offering to pay for him and all, but I think he's just completely ignored all attempts I've made to get a hold of him. :(