Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

I'm sorry to hear that you're having asthma problems.. I too have my exams and some presentations to give in two weeks. Good luck to you for your exams and I hope you feel better soon. :)

So! Ever since I broke up with my boyfriend I've been staying at a friend's place. There were four of them, two girls and two guys, and now there's me too. It's not so bad, one of the guys and one of the girls are basically my two best friends and I would rather be living with friends than all on my own after that.

Now it's getting close to the summer and the two guys, who are longtime best friends themselves, are set to move out and have found a place. The plan was for myself and the other two girls to find a place together, but one of the girls (the one whom I do not know as well) has decided to take a year off and go home.

So now we're looking for either a two bedroom place or a three bedroom place since I do have one friend interested in moving in with us. But it's hard. Places close to school are either tiny or too expensive or both.

I've been living out of a duffle bag in my best friend's bedroom for two and a half months. I miss my cats. I'm starting to realise how lucky I was to have such a nice place before at such an affordable price (two people to a one bedroom, couples really do get off easier).

I just want a bedroom again. Even with Mat I didn't really have my own space, even the decor was mostly his, I want a place to make my own.

Apartment hunting is hard.

I just want a place to live.

How's this for a major piece of cheek from my son. We had a 4 hour drive home, so we made a deal that if he let me play one album all the way through he could chose the music for the rest of the trip. So I chose WWSFTCS, and we get to How, which is surely one of the greatest songs of all time, and he says - "Have we not heard this song before, or does she just go OOooOOooh in all of her songs"! That's his allowance stopped!

Your son will come to appreciate Regina in time... I actually took my son (he is grown and out of college) to see her at the Beacon (he had a passing knowledge of her previously). He listened intently the whole concert and the first thing he said after the show was 'She's really a good songwriter!'..

That comment always gets to me. I think regi uses the OOooOo's rather tastefully, so they shouldn't cause confusion about which song is which. So when someone complains about her use of them, I assume that they're lazy listeners, or have written regina off. Bad news either way.

Good luck with your son! I hope he falls under the sway of regina's magic :-)

Apart from his Regina indifference he's pretty normal and I love him really. I think he secretly likes her but it's just not cool for a 14 year old to like the same music as his dad.

And I love the OOoos, they're what makes her Regina.

I absolutely hate group projects. I am no longer going to have a 4.0 GPA because of my stupid group project for my english class. It is just so frustrating because no matter how hard you work on the project, your group members can always ruin it for you :angry::(

I'm in a similar situation... there's a group project right now that pretty much no one has done anything for except for me. Really annoying. I'm not opposed to group projects entirely, but they really need to grade everyone based on their individual performance in the project. I don't care what teachers say, no one should be held accountable for someone else deciding not to do the work.

I agree. You can't force someone in your group to do the work and when you do it all, they get credit for not doing anything. I know that teachers know it works out that way a lot of the time...I just don't understand why they don't do individual grading. Hope everything works out for your project!