Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

In the end i think it was more about my C in precalc, but who the hell cries about a math grade???? (raises hand shamefully)

*raises hand for daughter* *sighs*

poor kid......Calc should be outlawed....

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

*rants to the women...and men who have to deal with it*

not having control over your emotions is brutal.

I think a lot of men actually have very similar emotional experience. But for some reason they feel like they have to suppress it more. It must have to do with the standards and gender roles of our society. I don't think its a good thing that it works this way. Suppressing stuff too much is never good, I know from first hand experience...

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

In the end i think it was more about my C in precalc, but who the hell cries about a math grade???? (raises hand shamefully)

Ah, that's nothing to worry about. I got a C or low B in calc my senior year too. But I can understand why it would make you cry. Sometimes things just pile up and one thing will trigger a flow of emotions. I know exactly how it is.

I'm going to do a wee rant about Geert Wilders

His "movie" sucks

He has a creepy head

His statements suck

His "party" sucks, it has only ONE member and some henchmen. Membership is restricted to Wilders alone, supporters can only give money. I don't know why he came up with that, but it's creepy and dumb. how would he go about municipal elections if his party does not have members? Will he just round up a new batch of henchmen and henchwomen?

He is a terrible person

His ears don't work, he never listens

He should be in an Episode of Southpark, it will be hilarious. Wilders coming to town and scaring everyone with his extremist philosophy and becoming friends with Eric Cartman. One of the traits the Cartoon-Wilders will have is yelling "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH-I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU-BLAHBLAHBLAH!" Whenever someone tries to talk to him. Distaster comes, and Kyle and Stan quickly go on a quest to fetch Ayaan Hirsi Ali who appears to be the only one who can reason with him to put a stop to all the drama.

Dear hormones, thank you for existing, really.

And the rip in my pants, today was definitely the opportune time to show yourself.

But most of all to you, kid-who-sits-next-to-me-in-math-and-geo, I hear you're a pretty alright I guy. Our mutual friends report that you are a kid they love. So, thank you oh so much for calling me a lesbian today in geography. The complete unnecessary, random and uncalled for nature of the remark just made my already unpleasant and hormone-induced mood that much better. Seriously, made my day. Also, I thought you were pretty cool, but apparently you don't think lesbians are cool, and since you think I am one I guess by extension I'm not cool either. Not cool, man.

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

So, thank you oh so much for calling me a lesbian today in geography. The complete unnecessary, random and uncalled for nature of the remark just made my already unpleasant and hormone-induced mood that much better.

Let me preface this by saying I do not know nor do I care what your sexual orientation is. You are who you are.

Sorry your day sucked. Food for thought given the hormonal imbalance which sometimes will make people totally misread or become overly sensitive to things.

Was this remark perhaps meant in the jocular fashion? I ask this because you said it was random. Are you positive it was a meant as a deceitful hate mongering type of slur?

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

I am not a lesbian actually, but I live in a small city that thinks of itself as more of a small town. Lots of closed minded people around. And it is upsetting that someone I thought had more mature opinions would use such a thing as an insult.

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be insulting Whether it was "jokingly" insulting or not I don't know, but most people (and we have a couple mutual friends)know that I do not take kindly to insults like that to anyone, because it's not something to be used as an insult. I tend to react vocally to the use of "gay" or "lesbian" or any degrading term of the same meaning being used when it's thrown around as an insult. I'd think he would've noticed that. Furthermore, it greatly ticks me off that any girl who has not had a boyfriend in some time can be called/assumed to be lesbian as a way of insulting her.

quote:
Originally posted by Beechcraft Bonanza:

He should be in an Episode of Southpark, it will be hilarious. Wilders coming to town and scaring everyone with his extremist philosophy and becoming friends with Eric Cartman. One of the traits the Cartoon-Wilders will have is yelling "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH-I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU-BLAHBLAHBLAH!" Whenever someone tries to talk to him. Distaster comes, and Kyle and Stan quickly go on a quest to fetch Ayaan Hirsi Ali who appears to be the only one who can reason with him to put a stop to all the drama.

I'd so watch that. And laugh quite a lot. It wouldn't happen, though, South Park sticking to mostly american issues, but it seems like it'd be fun.

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

Dear hormones, thank you for existing, really.

And the rip in my pants, today was definitely the opportune time to show yourself.

But most of all to you, kid-who-sits-next-to-me-in-math-and-geo, I hear you're a pretty alright I guy. Our mutual friends report that you are a kid they love. So, thank you oh so much for calling me a lesbian today in geography. The complete unnecessary, random and uncalled for nature of the remark just made my already unpleasant and hormone-induced mood that much better. Seriously, made my day. Also, I thought you were pretty cool, but apparently you don't think lesbians are cool, and since you think I am one I guess by extension I'm not cool either. Not cool, man.

shit high school sucks. i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Frowner sorry you were the victim of an assface. boys that tease you...like you??? *cough*bullshit*cough*

ahhhh I hate the beginning of new quarters. I always get an insanely bad grade on the first assignment, and then my entire grade in that class is insanely bad. The year needs to end soon. Two months and two days!!