Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Brandi Carlile Rec Str Day Vid

Sondre Lerche, Brandi Carlile Play At Louisville Orchestra

The Louisville Orchestra is bringing new artists into the orchestral arena. On Saturday, February 21 at 8pm, Seattle songstress Brandi Carlile and Norwegian singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche join the Louisville Orchestra for the second BB&T Strings Attached concert at Kentucky Center’s Whitney Hall..........Lerche’s 2004 album Two Way Monologue placed him firmly in the poppy, folk-rock core while his most recent releases are influenced more by jazz undertones. With his group, The Faces Down Quartet, he easily straddles the jazz/pop genre. His recent collaborations with Regina Spekter and A Fine Frenzy can be heard on the Dan In Real Life soundtrack.

Anyone here know who Regina Spekter is? Is it really that hard to spell?

http://www.huliq.com/13/77430/sondre-lerche-brandi-carl...louisville-orchestra

Brandi was uh-mazin.....

She did the prerequisites from her eponymous album and The Story but the really great thing was her new stuff. She played a bunch of songs from her upcoming release. Also broke out some Johnny Cash, Jackson, and Folsom Prison Blues and had everyone on their feet. She did a Beatles tune, Let It Be, and the best thing of the night, which she said she doesn't like to do because it is getting a bit cliché, was Lenonard Cohen's Hallelujah. That brought the house down. Be sure to see her if she's anywhere near you. I kid you not. Money well spent.

Mrs. andreseng. A huge Brandi fan.

That woman could have sang Mary Had A Little Lamb last night and I would have enjoyed it. For a couple of songs they went totally a cappella, no amplification at all. The power of her voice just blew us away.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Mrs. andreseng. A huge Brandi fan.

That woman could have sang Mary Had A Little Lamb last night and I would have enjoyed it. For a couple of songs they went totally a cappella, no amplification at all. The power of her voice just blew us away.

i love when artists do that. Joshua Radin did that at the Pabst and i was amazed. i might actually have to buy tickets to her show now. DAMN YOU DRE!