Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Brandi Carlile Rec Str Day Vid

I'm a huge Brandi fan, so mrs. Andreseng has a good taste. An webmail girlfriend Missdj from Ada Mn, has told me about Brandi a couple of years ago. She is not known in the Netherlands in Europe she only populair in Portugal. End april she has a little European tour in Norway.

Btw. Missdj her site: http://kaylyne.livejournal.com

Keyla (missdj) like to discuss music, she like American country music, she's very nice Wink

Forgot she did other Beatles songs, Closer To You and I've Just Seen A Face.

These were recorded by someone other than me but you get the idea of what I witnessed Saturday night.

Follow

Have You Ever?

Downpour

I Will (New Song)

Closer To You/I've Just Seen A Face

This one is from Oct 07, but you'll get the idea of the power of her voice without any amplification that I referred to earlier.

How These Days Grow Long

He is an Uncle Bobby wannabe. I almost fell asleep. I couldn't understand a word he was saying. But Brandi is really high on him. Let me know what you think.

And I just found

from Saturday.

Goody, at least I'll be sitting down relaxing with plenty of personal space. hmm maybe I'll take some Oral Path notes. Thanks. Haven't you noticed that everyone is always really high on their openers, even when they suck?

Totally worth it.

After spending the day having tons of dental impressions taken, and then looking outside into the raging snow, I was a little skeptical. It was a little unusual arriving in podunkville Ohio to a venue that looked at best an old falling-apart theater and at worst firehall with seats and red curtains inside. It was very quaint, to say the least. I mean townspeople gave announcements and introduced the performers. But I digress...

I was floored at how unbelieveably good the sound was. I didn't even mind the opener so much, esp when he broke out a violinist for accompaniment.

Brandi was soo soo amazing. Her voice really is that good, better actually! Words can't quite describe how impressed I was. She did some old stuff, lots of new stuff, and some really neat covers including Creep. Plus, she did one song totally unplugged which was great to experience. She told hilarious stories and seemed to be having a lot of fun. She played for nearly 2 hours!

The only thing that surprised me about the night was that I didn't even cry once. haha. Brandi mentioned that she never really writes songs when she's happy. When she's happy hangs out with her friends or goes fishing or plays with her dog. When she's angry, depressed, hating someone etc., she writes music, which explains a lot. Love it.

I didn't record everything, but this is a large portion of the show in mp3. http://www.sendspace.com/file/cxyxty

Videos will be coming as soon as I can upload.

3420656143_5339f85b54.jpg