Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

American Idol

[RANT]

Not one American has done a cover of reg song. I've seen her done, I believe, on Australian Idol. But not one has done her here. I think I recall one contestant saying they liked reg during the initial tryouts. Come on there has to be a reg fan out there somewhere.

Now that I think about it though, it's much more important to hear someone cover a Dolly Parton song. Okay sarcasm aside, do they ever get the freedom to straight up pick a song or is it always a "theme" each week?

[/RANT]

*steps off and away from the soapbox*

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

Since we are on the topic of guilty pleasures, I'll have to admit:

I LOVE Panic at the Disco, their second album is good, very good actually. I'm glad I got that out!!

So do I.

Let's be friends ;]

There was somebody that used one of Regina's songs during their audition. I remember dropping everything and FREAKING out. I don't think they made it very far though.

This seasons soooo much better than some of the previous ones. I absolutely adore brooke white. I respect that she gets out there with nothing but a mic and her piano and captivates everyone like she does. shes got the cutest personality too. David Cook is my bet for the winner this year. That would be alright with me too though. Smiler

Brooke and Regina have the same smile...or maybe I like, had that thought once and so I'm convinced that they do.

Did someone really use a Regina song for their audition? I know that she was mentioned, but that person was...ahem...dreadful beyond reason. ):

David Archuleta will win, just to make me mad.

if david archuleta aka (the muppet) wins ill be trying my best to refrain from smashing my tv in. i can't stand the poor kid. i dont exactly know why, but i find it painful to listen to him. i find it even more painful that so many people seem to adore him. he struggles with intellectual thought and sounds like kermit the frog when he talks... Confused

but i agree. it will be him or david cook.

The reason Archuleta is unremarkable to me is because I know cuter and more talented guys than he.

And when I say guys, I mean...a lot of them. Big Grin

So what do you guys think of Leona Lewis? She won our version of the American Idol- X Factor.. last year? And I heard she recently released the song Bleeding Love in America, but don't know how it did.

I think she's certainly a talented girl, you can't deny it, but for some reason I only think she's okay with her songs.

"Some people's songs are catchy but don't touch the soul", eh?

I totally support Leona... While I don't like the way in which she was discovered I think she is a very talented girl.

For once the X-Factor has acctually found someone with real talent.

With the right kind of management and song writters she will do really well.

Plus she seems really sweet and totally humble considering the amazing gift she has.

I like Leona too. And she use to live in hackney, which is like half n hour from where I live. Anyway shes done really well in America, hasn't she like broken records being the 1st brit to have an album debut at number 1 or something like that.