Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

2008 Election

The amount of passports is irrelevant as the number issued has actually been artificially inflated since the events of September 11th and the subsequent travel restriction that were put in place. Passports have become an everyday item for domestic travel within the United States as well as a main means of identification for obtaining things such as a drivers license.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by tearose:

and specify "2008 american election", rather than assuming that the same "2008 election" applies to everyone

Are you kidding? America is the only nation that matters... Big Grin

huzzah, of course, excuse my ignorance Wink

does anyone else find it ironic that while the world nodded and said yep thats about right

America was the only one that didn't get that the TV series Lost, was about American isolationism?

now i wont give away the end, but the others and the eeeerrrr others become friends and spot another island, now what do you think they declare about it?

(don't know what you laughing about my Aussie friend, in real life its your boys that would be sent over with a sharpened banana to suss it out Roll Eyes )

Cuddly Knife, I kinda have to disagree with just about everything you've said. First of all, I don't live in America either, but I still know about, and am interested in the election in the states, and I think its wrong for you to assume that just because we're British we shouldn't have any thoughts or opinions about the subject.

I also think its slightly hypocritical that your going on about Americans not knowing about anything outside America (which, if I were an intelligent young American, which a lot of people on this forum are, i would be slightly offended by) when you obviously havn't watched the news recently because the American election has been all over it.

And, no, Americans were not the only ones thayt didn't get lost was about American isolation, I missed that too.

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

Bill Clinton is speaking at my school today!! Big Grin

You should enjoy that regardless of affiliation. He is an extremely eloquent speaker. I watched him work a conservative crowd at a convention two years ago. He had everyone eating out of the palms of his hands. It's really something to see.