Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

2008 Election

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna!:

i know right? too bad it's so hard to learn.

Youre so right. I even struggled in spanish! I dont know how I could ever learn such a beautiful and intricate language such as russian. OH and If I could write it too! that would be amazing

quote:
Originally posted by DrumMaster260:

Also think of all the abortions that could be avoided if only Bush didn't support abstinence only sex ed in public schools.

Obama wants to start sex ed in kindergarten. talk about loosing your innocence early

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

If some sicko raped and killed one of my family members? SURE, Id have no problem pluging the chair in, or having them locked up for life

And as for quoting the bible, thats old testament. Jesus came and changed everything. I would go into it but it would take a while...

...it's not the old testament...it's Ghandi. And the Jesus didn't "change" anything. Since he was Jewish he would have been preaching the old testament, the new testament merely built onto the old testament. I'm not saying I have a problem with life sentences (as long as they are truly guilty)

quote:

quote:

Also think of all the abortions that could be avoided if only Bush didn't support abstinence only sex ed in public schools.

Obama wants to start sex ed in kindergarten. talk about loosing your innocence early

"Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is 'age-appropriate,' is 'the right thing to do.' 'But it's the right thing to do,' Obama continued, 'to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools.'"

keyword would be age appropriate, and I don't see any reason why it would be bad. I mean if you really want to indoctrinate your kids for the first years with stories of the stork and talking snakes.

oh and here was the campaigns response after that which I also think makes sense:

"Barack Obama supports sensible, community-driven education for children because, among other things, he believes it could help protect them from pedophiles. A child's knowledge of the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching is crucial to keeping them safe from predators."

quote:

quote:

If some sicko raped and killed one of my family members? SURE, Id have no problem pluging the chair in, or having them locked up for life

And as for quoting the bible, thats old testament. Jesus came and changed everything. I would go into it but it would take a while...

...it's not the old testament...it's Ghandi. And the Jesus didn't "change" anything. Since he was Jewish he would have been preaching the old testament, the new testament merely built onto the old testament. I'm not saying I have a problem with life sentences (as long as they are truly guilty)

The original eye for an eye quote Ghandi based his off of is definetley in the bible. in exodus.

Well here's another one for ya, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

And yes its based on the quote from exodus 21:23-27, Gandhi just quoted it to criticize it. and I got the quote wrong before it's "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is 'age-appropriate,' is 'the right thing to do.' 'But it's the right thing to do,' Obama continued, 'to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools.'"

keyword would be age appropriate, and I don't see any reason why it would be bad. I mean if you really want to indoctrinate your kids for the first years with stories of the stork and talking snakes.

oh and here was the campaigns response after that which I also think makes sense:

"Barack Obama supports sensible, community-driven education for children because, among other things, he believes it could help protect them from pedophiles. A child's knowledge of the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching is crucial to keeping them safe from predators."

is santa claus indoctrinating too? let kids be kids.

My parents never used the stork or snake (never heard that one haha) Just that it came out your moms stomach, that they cut it open. and there is no such thing as age appropriate sex ed for a kindergardener. You try mentioning sex to a 4 or 5 year old who only cares about nap time and snack time and colors and learning to write their name. Please bring up aids and forms of sex to a 5 year old, tell me how it goes.

"MOMMY WHATS six..sax? oh, SEX?" something along those lines im guessing. And you dont need to know what sex is to know that those are your private parts. your parents can teach you that, not the government!

quote:

is santa claus indoctrinating too? let kids be kids.

My parents never used the stork or snake (never heard that one haha) Just that it came out your moms stomach, that they cut it open. and there is no such thing as age appropriate sex ed for a kindergardener. You try mentioning sex to a 4 or 5 year old who only cares about nap time and snack time and colors and learning to write their name. Please bring up aids and forms of sex to a 5 year old, tell me how it goes.

"MOMMY WHATS six..sax? oh, SEX?" something along those lines im guessing. And you dont need to know what sex is to know that those are your private parts. your parents can teach you that, not the government!

The snake thing was a reference to creationists and santa is nothing but an excuse for corporate america to rape your wallets annually. Oh and btw most of those elementary kids (specifically boys) will most likely be receiving toy guns and knives and chainsaws from dear old Santa. I'd rather my child watch two people making love than two people killing each other. And if you haven't noticed parents these days aren't the greatest or most responsible ones. I just read a report today about this half ton woman who's going to be charged with first degree woman for hitting her child twice which resulted in it's head being crushed. Not to mention the Dateline watching numskulls that won't give their children vaccines to things like small pox cause they think it causes autism when really it's most likely from the fish they're eating. CDC says that 1 out of every 6 American women have so much mercury in their womb that their children are at risk for diseases such as autism. But that could be stopped if coal burning plants would've removed 90% of their mercury like they were supposed to five years ago but Bush rolled the rules back after accepting $48 million from that industry.