Sign in to follow this  
DrumMaster260

Artists you'd like to see Reg play with...

quote:
Originally posted by DrumMaster260:

Damien should drop that girl that always sings back ups for him and let Regina do it, sooooo cool!! Big Grin

Wow, the more I think about this DrumMaster, the more I wonder. Have you ever heard their duet on

? It has always moved me and I feel that they were one of the best duets out there.

I'm not taking away from reg for a second. But the Damien & Lisa thing together was pure magic. I, for one, will miss them together.

On the other hand, it sure will be nice to start hearing some Lisa on her own soon....

Check out

of Silent Night. Great lyrics, awesome performance.

Silent night

Broken night

All is fallen when you take your flight

I found some hate for you, just for sure

You found some love for me thinking id go

Don't keep me from crying to sleep

Sleep in heavenly peace

EDIT: Em, I guess this answered your question. I'd love to hear about it afterwards...

Lisa is insanely talented. I prefer Regina, but I'm a big fan of Lisa. I have some duets she did for a charity album years ago with a guy called Paul Noonan, the lead singer of an irish band called Bell X1, who used to be in a band with Damien called Juniper. Anyway, the songs are Down To The River To Pray (Alison Krauss), Love Hurts (Nazareth) and Your Ghost (Kristin Hersh) and they're really good. Lisa, as George has just said, can have an extremely haunting effect with her voice and it's especially apparent in Your Ghost. Here's the sendspace link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4tzbe

And George, yeah it did and of course I will!

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

Anyway, the songs are Down To The River To Pray (Alison Krauss), Love Hurts (Nazareth) and Your Ghost (Kristin Hersh) and they're really good.

Wow, I want the other two, what charity, what's the name of the album?

i didnt know theyd broken up when i went to Damos concert, and i only realised a few songs in when he sang volcano on his own, and i was devestated and i think they need to rectify the situation somehow, very soon...im sure shes great on her own but i just really like their voices together

There are so many i would love regina to paly with:

B.E.P.

Emi or Kanye

Flight of the Conchords

Yann Tiersen

And somebody who i got into recently Chris Garneau, he uses strings as well and it would just be sublime if they did a duetSmiler

I thought about this for a few days and one of the artists I was going to suggest was Thom Yorke (or Radiohead as a band) and see it has been suggested.

I would love to see something from either of the Hartnoll brothers (formerly Orbital). They have done some amazing work with a number of extremely talented female singers (including one of my favorite, Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance).

Another great collaboration could be had with Rabbit in The Moon (yes also "dancy" electronica- I am a DJ what can I say?) who did some great work with Tori Amos and Sarah McLaughlen among others.

Digressing but any other Sarah fans here? I haven't really followed her music in a while but I have seen her twice and loved her first few albums.

My final two suggestions are also from the elctronica area of things but there are just so many good producers in that area and the music format is so open it lends itself to capturing the magic of a great artist and doing new things with it.

These suggestions are with James Scott Tamborello (of Dntel and Figurine) who has also done work with some great female artists my favorite piece being "Roll On" with Jenny Lewis.

Rounding out my fantasy football roster would be for Regina to work with either the Icelandic group mum or former member Kria Brekkan. Amazing innovation and a large pool of musical knowlege ranging from accordian to cello.

Hell while I am at it my favorite new artist of the week is cellist Zoe Keating. I can't really put her in for a collab because her cello work stands so well on its own and I don't think would lend itself as much to paring with Regina's style. But worth checking out.

I thought about linking all of this for the curious but hell with youtube is that really even neccessary anymore?

Edit: Dominic, I love Yann Tiersen! Amelie is far and away my favorite movie!!

omg yann tiersen rocks i remember when i was like ten i was playing all his pieces on the piano and trying to dance at the same time. AH! i love himSmiler

Okay so this one's Love Hurts

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l83f3p

And this one's Down To The River To Pray

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eish7y

The album was a recording of a gig to raise money/awareness for the tsunami. It was organised by Tom Osander, a member of Damien's band. But I don't know the name.. You know how I know this? I met Lisa and asked her Big Grin

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii50/EmMitchell/MEANDLISA.jpg

It's a bad photo of me and she said she looked ill in it, but I didn't care!

And also I really love the soundtrack to Amélie. I was listening to it last night while driving and then this afternoon on my iPod. Smiler