Sign in to follow this  
clementine

I converted my voice teacher to Reginaism

So it was my first day at voice lessons--ever--and my instructor was asking me what style I wanted to sing, what aspects of my voice I wanted to improve, and so on. I told him I wanted to sing like Regina Spektor! He had never heard of her. So I tried to portray her godliness in words, and I couldn't, so he was like, "Let's Youtube her."

He clicked on the live "Real Love" video, and watched it all the way through.

His exact reaction was: "I am completely floored. Here is this quirky, quiet, giggling girl (who sounds like she's ten) contributing to relief in Darfur, but when she opens her mouth to sing, the crowed is entranced, and she takes complete control."

So, I think he likes her. Big Grin

So it was my first day at voice lessons--ever--and my instructor was asking me what style I wanted to sing, what aspects of my voice I wanted to improve, and so on. I told him I wanted to sing like Regina Spektor! He had never heard of her. So I tried to portray her godliness in words, and I couldn't, so he was like, "Let's Youtube her."

He clicked on the live "Real Love" video, and watched it all the way through.

His exact reaction was: "I am completely floored. Here is this quirky, quiet, giggling girl (who sounds like she's ten) contributing to relief in Darfur, but when she opens her mouth to sing, the crowed is entranced, and she takes complete control."

So, I think he likes her. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Eternal Sunshine?

-I'm Clementine... No jokes about my name.

-I don't know any jokes about your name

-Huckleberry Hound! ... Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine.

Best movie ever!

There are a lot of people here who feel the same. I absolutely adore that movie. I also vacation out there in Montauk at least once a year. It is a beautiful place.

You sure took your time about posting!! Oct 2006!!!