chanvb09

pictures and videos of interest...

Wow! I'm really excited to finally find a new song of Regina's, even if it sounds a bit different.

Should we add Pure Perfection to the "Complete Spektography" page or wait until we know more about it?

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

... Kinda reminds me of 'Hey Mickey'.

It automatically reminded me of Oh Land's 'Perfection' based on the song title:

Oh Land - Perfection

(Live for vevo)

(studio, lyrics on screen)

Nanna Øland Fabricius is hot. She's a Danish experimental electropop singer-songwriter and has been touring for Katy Perry.

Once the genie is out of the bottle, there's not much point in trying to suppress it. So much torture to have to wait for a commercial release.

edit: welp, Regina want the internet to be her friend, so no sharing guys. Ahh well, it's only 1 minute long anyway.

It's pretty obvious that it was not meant to be shared, hence the swift removal from Youtube. There is unlikely to be a "commercial release", i.e. in the form of a single, because the song is meant for the Beauty musical.

It's Friday (Friday). Gotta get high on Firday (Friday).

Amanda Palmer (of The Dresden Dolls, Neil Gaiman's wife, and frequent Regina Spektor cover-er) did a parody of 'Friday' for Halloween.

Amanda "Fucking" Palmer parodies 'Friday':

"Takes the most vapid pop song ever and makes it into a soul wrenching social commentary on prostitution." from http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/...anda_fucking_palmer/

So hey guys, I know sometimes we like to post ourselves covering reg songs and such. I've been meaning to do it forever, but I am shy! Anyway, this isn't that - it's actually this song I wrote like a year ago (long distance relationships suck is the inspiration)

It's slow and bad quality and the singing is not my best but I'll stop making excuses now and just post a link!

I'd like an accompanyment, but I don't really play anythig, so...

http://s79.photobucket.com/alb...rent=Video_00003.mp4

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

So hey guys, I know sometimes we like to post ourselves covering reg songs and such. I've been meaning to do it forever, but I am shy! Anyway, this isn't that - it's actually this song I wrote like a year ago (long distance relationships suck is the inspiration)

It's slow and bad quality and the singing is not my best but I'll stop making excuses now and just post a link!

I'd like an accompanyment, but I don't really play anythig, so...

http://s79.photobucket.com/alb...rent=Video_00003.mp4

Shira, you wrote this?!

That was fantastic!

I applaud you on your songwriting. The lyrics evoke the winter blues of feeling cold and lonely. Your voice is very clear (though I couldn't entirely make out a couple lines from 1:08-1:17. It would be great if you'd provide lyrics?). To me it felt like singing this song took an emotional toll on you. And honestly, it pierced my heart a bit too, despite never having or been "loved" in the romantic sense.

Please share more, especially original material if you have more - I'd love to see Regina covers too though.

Btw, you are exceptionally pretty. I wish you the best with the love you deserve. =)

Really? Thank you! Smiler

I don't really have any other original stuff to show, and maybe it's because I love her so much but I feel like none of my reg covers are good enough Razzer

But since that feedback was so overwhlmingly nice, here's a cover of Feist's "Now At Last" which is pretty okay.

http://s79.photobucket.com/alb...rent=Video_00006.mp4

There is a cat on my lap for some of it, then he jumps off, if you're wondering what the commotion is. I apologize that the recording quality of the built-in webcam on my laptop is not top notch, but this is just for kicks anyhow.

oh, and lyrics to the song I wrote:

Cold nights, dark skies,

winter's come, the birds are gone,

and I'm still here, and you are there.

And the words don't come out right,

just another bitter, winter night.

It's hard, when you're far.

But please even through the distance,

would you just try to listen?

You'll hear my heart.

I know, that time moves slow.

And believe me I feel it too,

like the world's been ripped in two,

when I have to go.

Another week, little sleep.

This year is endless, we're feeling restless.

But I'm only for your arms,

and you're only for my heart.

And the dark can feel awful lonely,

oh won't you please come home to me,

soon.

Cold nights, dark skies.

Winter's come, the birds are gone,

and I'm still here, and you are there.

And the words don't come out right,

just another bitter, winter night.

Personally, I feel like the second verse is incredibly cheesy, but y'know, sometimes so am I...