Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Price of Gas

So we all know how brutal the gas prices are....what are you doing to cut down on gas usage?

i'd like to spout off this rant b/c it is highly upsetting to me. We are all urged to buy american....but you look at the vehicles that are out there, the majority of the hybrids come from overseas. America needs to get with the fucking program. This is insane. Get the vaseline.

We do have it relatively easy compared to most other countries. I just saw the Netherlands pay a US$ equivalent over $9.00 a gallon. Of course the Saudis pay .45/gal. I haven't seen that price since the early 70's.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

We do have it relatively easy compared to most other countries. I just saw the Netherlands pay a US$ equivalent over $9.00 a gallon. Of course the Saudis pay .45/gal. I haven't seen that price since the early 70's.

haha...the *edit* EARLY */edit* 70's.

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

c'mon that was FUNNY!!!!

Haha, woulda been even better if it was the *edit* 1870's */edit*

Sorry G!

Regarding gas prices though, when I got my license (in '97?) gas was 45¢/litre here. Now it's closing in on $1.30/litre, and most of that gap was bridged in the last few years.

Ohhh well *shrugs*

that's why I ride my bike around the city.

*flexes leg muscle, and shows of sore back*

I just hit a new record high (naturally). My last fillup was $71.00 and that is a 19 gal tank that wasn't empty.

I remember when I dumped the expedition in 2004 because I had paid $60 to fill up a 30 gal tank. Switched from 12/mi/gal to 20/mi/gal. I think I need a vespa!

Vespa%20Granturismo%20200.jpg

As awful as I think I'd look on one....money is money and my 6 mile each way commute would become much cheaper....