Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Price of Gas

I too, long for the day when younger faces will look up at us and say "Oh cool, look! A car that runs on gas!" - just as we get excited today when we see an old-timey '57 chevy driving down the street.

I think current cars will survive in the garages of hobbyists and enthusiasts, if we could just live to see that happen...

Besides, we could also reply to the kids with,

"Oh yeah? When I was your age, that was all we had, and the gas would run out every few days! Plus we had to breathe in the fumes constantly... Seriously, you kids don't know how good you have it nowadays!"

Big Grin

somoething i thought was really cool! our senior class decided to go green for the senior prank this year. everyone rode their bikes to school! we all parked out bikes in the parking lot ahhaah. some people who live way outta town parked at the local meijers and rode their bikes from there but it was still cool to see this huge mob of bicycles on their way to school.

every year for memorial day my family drives down to Corbin KY to the family cemetary, because we don't live down there anymore we make a visit every year to keep up the cemetery and stones. we actually thought about not going just because gas is outragious especially this holiday weekend. thats just ridiculous, i think its about 3.10 right now in town.

unfortunatly my town is really really spread out, it took me a half hour to ride to school, i couldnt imagine riding to work and to the store they're so far away and on really big state roads. i've noticed people are so unfriendly to bikers! i couldnt believe that we stood with our bikes next to the cross walk for over five minutes before anyone stopped to let us through. AT A CROSS WALK!! what ass holes. and i really feared for my life, because people would drive past us like an inch away from our bikes! it takes me 50$ to fill up my dodge intrepid! my dad has a tundra and i dont even wanna know what he pays.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

"Seriously, you kids don't know how good you have it nowadays!"

Big Grin

Shoot, we can already go there. Just an extremely small sampling and mind you, I ain't THAT old.

One wired rotary wall phone

One black & white TV

A total of 7 TV stations that all signed off at 3AM

I'll tell you what though. We sure spent a lot more time outside doing things. My computer was a pink spauldeen ball and we would be busy for hours playing hundreds of games.

http://www.streetplay.com/thegames/haveaball.htm

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

One wired rotary wall phone

One black & white TV

A total of 7 TV stations that all signed off at 3AM

I'll tell you what though. We sure spent a lot more time outside doing things. My computer was a pink spauldeen ball and we would be busy for hours playing hundreds of games.

those were the days.

I think the way that everything is built in america is just built for cars. in my opinion, there needs to be som big, radical change. from what i've seen people only ride buses and such in the big cities. where I lived (in a typical suburb) "riding the bus" was just a concept that didn't exist.

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

i saw $3.89 a gallon today Frowner

it's been $4.15 in my town for almost a week.

i'm so sorry, for real Frowner

there's worse things to worry about Wink

but that happy outlook probably has a large amount to do with the fact that i don't quite drive yet.

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

there's worse things to worry about Wink

but that happy outlook probably has a large amount to do with the fact that i don't quite drive yet.

same here. Smiler I'm so glad I live in a small city where I can ride my bike wherever I need to go. ^_^