Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Price of Gas

quote:
Originally posted by Yaya:

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

there's worse things to worry about Wink

but that happy outlook probably has a large amount to do with the fact that i don't quite drive yet.

same here. Smiler I'm so glad I live in a small city where I can ride my bike wherever I need to go. ^_^

i don't have a bike =( that's probably a big factor in my weight problems haha.

On my way to work every morning there is an old gas station that was closed several years ago. The sign still stands from when gas was $1.24/gal. ... it mocks me as I drive by. >.<

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

On my way to work every morning there is an old gas station that was closed several years ago. The sign still stands from when gas was $1.24/gal. ... it mocks me as I drive by. >.<

there is a gas station that had a flip sign near here i live and the company who made the flip sign only allowed for the price to be up to 1.99, so over the small row of flip signs where years ago there wouldve been a one, now there is a painted 3 over it. sadly i remember when they had to paint a 2 over the one.

What kills me is the whole gas tax relief thing I've heard discussed. If gas gets cheaper then demand goes up, if demand goes up price goes up, if price goes up and tax is put back on...oh Lordy. I don't even want to think about that one. I think I hear my wallet screaming...

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Thank God for bikes. I haven't filled up in about 2 weeks now, nor do I intend to till the price atleast goes back to the 3s...

Whoa I always thought you guys had cheaper gas down there than we have up here.

Cheapest gas I EVER remember seeing, was in SC @ 0.97/gal