Sign in to follow this  
fd

the "worst" song

Wow I honestly thought you could buy Songs off iTunes. Turns out you can't, but you can download 11:11 (which is kind of weird, no?)

I guess I'll be using CDBaby then. Do they ship to other countries?

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

Red Face

but i always imagine reg waltzing with the broomstick and that makes me soooo happy when i listen to Aching to Pupate!

:0

Hahaha seconded. I also like the bit about the fake moustache. And the connection to the butterfly house.

quote:
Originally posted by joyjo:

One thing I love about Regina is that even if you don't get the meaning of a song of her straightaway, there are still some lyrical parts which are absolutely fascinating on their own.

That's really hard to describe but let's take "Daniel Cowman" for example. Now, it's one of my favourite reg songs but the first time I listened to it, I didn't know what to make out of the song.

However, as soon as the whole heroin boy section came up, I was absolutely fascinated. It really touched me on an emotional level I couldn't describe. Then I listened to it again and again and I immediately fell in love with it.

Maybe some of you guys know Robert Bresson. He was a french director who once said it was far more important to first feel a piece of art and only after you've done that to analyse it. I really like that statement Smiler

Well, you don't post much so I'm not sure you'll read this, but I have to ask cus I've been wondering...

what is your take on daniel cowman?

Fortunately for all of us, Regina is so unbelievably versatile, constantly experimenting, and always surprising us. Of course there are going to be those songs that you skip over (for me it's "Prisoners"), simply because it doesn't speak to you like another song may. One thing I am quite sure I can say that applies to all stixers is that each of us can appreciate every song Regina has ever created; her "little monsters" as she cutely christens them in one interview Big Grin

I know a lot of people like That Time, but I don't really like it that much. I also happen to really like Wasteside, which I think probably has a deeper meaning than That Time. Anyway, I don't think That Time was meant to be taken seriously, and it's understandable why people like it, it's obviously fun to sing along to, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

Wow I honestly thought you could buy Songs off iTunes. Turns out you can't, but you can download 11:11 (which is kind of weird, no?)

I guess I'll be using CDBaby then. Do they ship to other countries?

I can't believe no one replied to your post (although, i'm sure you've found out by now...)

YES, cdbaby DOES ship to other countries. My boyfriend's brother bought "Songs" off cdbaby, and he's in R.O.I.

Hey! where are you in the North?

I'm probably heading up to Enniskillen next weekend :-)