Sign in to follow this  

Regina questions that you may or may not be able to answer.

If we were talking about like other things and analyzing her body, this would be rude.

But i think regina is a beautiful woman who should be a model for people who think all stars are 90 pounds and blonde. She is a normal woman, which is the most beautiful thing of all.

Given, saying she is around 130 pounds is not rude in my opinion--- for the surprise purposes of this thread- its ok. I will be happy to delete these posts afterwards.

If anyone here was actually close friends with her, i would see this differently, but i think its okay to discuss for this purpose (of which we dont even know...)

But anyway. regina is lovely. and the end.

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

i don't think its a "western" thing. i just think its fracking rude to ask a woman what she weighs or to speculate on someone. this is why there is such an intense need in teens and young women to be small. we're obsessed with a number. this doesn't help the situation. i think regina is perfect. end item

My western culture comment was more getting at the fact that we claim to be so progressive and free, yet we constantly pin these unwritten rules on eachother, often undermining the very ideals that we think we believe in.... Obviously a much more complicated subject than is worth turning into a tangent of this post... I just write what I think, and that Western thing came out.

As for your obvious distaste for weight pressures, I get you. Really, I think that I do.

I think we're just seeing it as a completely different thing.

Personally, I think yes, Regina is perfect, but not IN SPITE of people's weight ideals. Rather I think that she is perfect because she is a gorgeous person - which takes many more things into account than something as arbitrary as weight.

I dunno. I don't think it's an offside topic, because I don't lay any credence to the very ideals that cause it to be a delicate issue to some... You could call me naive, but I feel better about myself ignoring the problem than propagating it.

Gravity is just a thing, ya know? It's there wether we choose talk about it or not.

i understand where you're coming from. i just feel like there is just such an immense pressure to be skinny. dunno if we put it on ourselves, but we tend to blame the media. i think regina is a good role model....do i think she's skinny...? no. do i think she's fat? certainly not. *shrug* i think i've gone off topic. and i need to sleep. so g'night my pretties....that's you men too, so there.

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

regina is lovely. and the end.

Regardless of the thread or it's comments, I don't think this could ever be called into question.

The beginning...?

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

g'night my pretties....that's you men too, so there.

*** HUG! ***

There's so much I want to say and yet I don't think it can be said by typing.

I'll just say this: for this particular place, knowing of at least one member of this forum with weight issues, it doesn't feel right to me to discuss it. Also, while I KNOW it was not meant with this intention, it feels a lot like objectifying Reg for her looks and not her talent. It's just altogether a dangerous subject to tread.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

There's so much I want to say and yet I don't think it can be said by typing.

*** also HUG! ***

That's my new way of making sure that people don't think I'm getting personal... really it's all nothin' but love!