leaves

In search of the Holy Grail...

Wow, it's amazing that our interest in this actually is getting something done. It just goes to show you what a little determination and savvy can do for you. Thanks again, Casey! It's really cool that Regina will finally get to see it, and hopefully us too!

Here are some stills and a poster of the movie that I'm posting simply because I think they are interesting to look at. Big Grin

(I found these from sweetness' and lennonist's last two posts in "So many recordings we'll never hear..." btw,so thanks you two)

stills:

wgtpmc.jpgwgtpmc2.jpgwgtpmc3.jpgwgtpmc4.jpgwgtpmc5.jpg

And the poster:

wgtpmcposter.jpg

Oh, and what seems to be a DVD menu...

http://www.pop57.com/html/pmc.html

Although I don't know how recently those were made or if the whole DVD thing fell through... Confused

SchoolIsOut: Unfortunately, it can't be found anywhere, not that I know of anyway. Many a brumstixer has searched and searched before. Frowner

squeakycleanK did A LOT of work emailing people back and forth trying to find it for brumstixers to see and came very close. First to Scott Maher, the director of photography, then to Barry Alexander Brown, the director...

The last update from her was:

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

Update:

Barry has agreed to give the tape to regina (she said in a past post on the old forum that she didn't get a copy), but no word on anyone else yet. He does not want to distribute the movie to anyone right now, because (drumroll please), he's thinking about redistributing them so that anyone can get a hard copy (for a nominal fee of course)!!

Apparently, our interest in the movie sparked something in him that makes him want to get the movie out to the public. Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread, the emails have been going back and forth for over a month now and he this is what he wants to try. I don't know if this is a FOR SURE thing, but he claimed he was going to email the producers and get the ball rolling ASAP.

So maybe Regina has a copy? Maybe they were going to release a dvd of the movie to make it available to the public but never finished and forgot about it? I don't know. Honestly, I'm starting to lose hope...Frowner

I remember reading about this movie on a thread somewhere, but I didn't anyone found it lol!

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolIsOut:

VERY cool!!! Is there any update one a release or can it be viewed somewhere?! I'm soo curious about this!!! Big Grin

Me too!

______

oh, just read porcupine-ologist's post. That's weird, how it just sort of faded away. And disappointing Frowner

Hey all -- I was wondering if anyone ended up being successful in procuring a copy of "Winning Girls.."  It's a bit of a Holy Grail for Bronson Pinchot fans as well.  :D

I'll will gladly pay for a copy if one is available!

P.S.  Sorry for bumping an old thread.