Sign in to follow this  
clementine

I can't believe it--I just bought 11:11 (hard copy)

knowledge is power, my stxin' pals.

KARL,

To convert to Apple Lossless, you can use iTunes itself, and yes, the files will also play with QuickTime. However, QT & iTunes will not play FLAC files unless you have done some nerding around with your computer to make it possible.

HOW TO CONVERT FILES TO APPLE LOSSLESS

After converting the FLAC files to WAV, I imported the .WAV files into iTunes by simply highlighting & dragging them in.

You'll notice in iTunes that if you right-click on a song (opt+click on mac), you will see an option to "convert file to..." or "convert song to..."

The format that follows that dot,dot,dot will correspond to whichever settings you currently have iTunes set to import CDs as. I believe the default is AAC (which is similar to Mp3, though actually superior to Mp3).

To change the current setting to APPLE LOSSLESS, simply open the iTunes preferences (Edit menu>preferences), click on the advanced tab, and then on the IMPORT tab (I could be wrong on where this is, but just look around for the import tab). Here you can specify one of many familiar encoding formats like mp3 or wav. - FLAC is completely absent, but the nearly identical Apple Lossless is happily included for those discerning ears that want to use it.

Simply select Apple Lossless and save those settings!

Now, back in the main iTunes window, go to the WAV files that you imported, select them ALL (select the first one, hold shift & select the last one). All files in-between the first and last should be highlighted. Simply right click on any of them and select "Convert to Apple Lossless"!

Woot?

Also, you should thank Regina for the awesome music.

But don't thank the iTunes store, because their copy sounds like mouldy bananas ... and you know how those sound.

I suppose Apple could get some credit for the whole iTunes, iPod, Apple lossless, and other neat gizmoey stuff that they do...

Still though, I'd only let them have Regina's leftover thankses.

quote:
Originally posted by JustinPoll:

I just found a hard copy of 11:11 on half.com!! But it's 550 bucks! ugh

I bought it! I can't believe I just spent that much money, but it's soo worth it!

So much for HALF huh? Congratulations on the purchase! Cool

quote:

I bought it! I can't believe I just spent that much money, but it's soo worth it!

THAT WAS YOU! I noticed that pretty quickly that it disappeared. Way to go, good sir.

I'm paying 1/3 of that just to go to the show tomorrow, so we're both equally enamored to the point of money spending being arbitrary.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

quote:

THAT WAS YOU! I noticed that pretty quickly that it disappeared. Way to go, good sir.

I'm paying 1/3 of that just to go to the show tomorrow, so we're both equally enamored to the point of money spending being arbitrary.

Omg I know, to hell with reason! My mother thinks I'm absolutely out of my mind. Haha

@Scotty: awesome FLACs, thanks a heap!

Regina would be proud you know; I spoke with her at the Edinburgh gig in 2005 and when I said that I'd acquired most of her stuff at that time from the internetz she basically said "cool" and was really annoyed at the record company insisting on the FBI warning on the newly pressed Soviet Kitsch CDs.

BTW I have got six legitimately purchased items of hers, so I hope I've put some good money in her dear pockets.

@clementine: big points for scoring 11:11 ! have you managed to scan the cover? Apologies if I've missed a link somewhere if you have...