Sign in to follow this  
monsterinyourcloset

I hate life.

As some of you may or may not know, I am all for human rights, and more specifically children's rights. I am in fact, quite socially active and in the coming year will be president of not one, but two local Free The Children chapters (both the regional one and the one at my high school). I have been known to address issues such as child labour and education with speeches and fund raising for a school our FTC chapter had built in Sierra Leone. As such, the next issue I plan to take on and expose for it's cruel and unfair treatment of children everywhere is the Math Exam.

This exam is subjected to children around the world, causing them trauma and anxiety. It is a violation of rights even! It makes children feel inadequate and crushes their spirits, and is thereby harmful to their mental and spiritual development! Sometimes physical harm is even inflicted by these "examinations", giving the children paper cuts.

Though it may be that I have no standing on this issue and no government will take action against this great injustice, I feel confident that I can get many to sign my petitions.

As a survivor of this terrible experience, I know first hand of the evils of the math exam. My story is truly horrific. The poor students were all crammed into a classroom together and told to be silent, some (such as

myself)had already been forced to endure harsh weather conditions, walking through the rain to get to school. Their clothes wet and their hair made frizzy before the horror of the exam was even inflicted. The exam began, an air of dread filled the room. What seemed like several hundred long pages later I was the only one left standing, every other student had already fled the classroom having finished the exam easily with ample time left to spare lost all faith in humanity and given up all hope at life. Only I was left to make it to the end of the period, brain thoroughly squashed by the pressure and pain inflicted by the exam.

I believe it is entirely possible that I failed the exam miserably, and if I get a mark of over 50% on the test I will be whole-heartedly surprised. X________X

As some of you may or may not know, I am all for human rights, and more specifically children's rights. I am in fact, quite socially active and in the coming year will be president of not one, but two local Free The Children chapters (both the regional one and the one at my high school). I have been known to address issues such as child labour and education with speeches and fund raising for a school our FTC chapter had built in Sierra Leone. As such, the next issue I plan to take on and expose for it's cruel and unfair treatment of children everywhere is the Math Exam.

This exam is subjected to children around the world, causing them trauma and anxiety. It is a violation of rights even! It makes children feel inadequate and crushes their spirits, and is thereby harmful to their mental and spiritual development! Sometimes physical harm is even inflicted by these "examinations", giving the children paper cuts.

Though it may be that I have no standing on this issue and no government will take action against this great injustice, I feel confident that I can get many to sign my petitions.

As a survivor of this terrible experience, I know first hand of the evils of the math exam. My story is truly horrific. The poor students were all crammed into a classroom together and told to be silent, some (such as

myself)had already been forced to endure harsh weather conditions, walking through the rain to get to school. Their clothes wet and their hair made frizzy before the horror of the exam was even inflicted. The exam began, an air of dread filled the room. What seemed like several hundred long pages later I was the only one left standing, every other student had already fled the classroom having finished the exam easily with ample time left to spare lost all faith in humanity and given up all hope at life. Only I was left to make it to the end of the period, brain thoroughly squashed by the pressure and pain inflicted by the exam.

I believe it is entirely possible that I failed the exam miserably, and if I get a mark of over 50% on the test I will be whole-heartedly surprised. X________X

Hahaha been there, done that, woulda bought a t-shirt but my brain was too fried from maths to try and count out the correct change. I thought it was serious to start with and then when you said "the Math Exam" I was like "Emmm.. is that a code word for something else?" Just remember, Shira. It's OVER! Now go out and play with puppies or something else that's nice.

Ugghh. That was me this year too. I was practically the last one done, other than the super nerds whom took that long to go over every single question fifty times. I swear I failed. But actually, thankfully, because I am very very skilled at educated guessing (and just really lucky when it comes to these things), I got an A on it. I was so happy. So hopefully that will happen to you too! Smiler

(Speaking of Architecture in Helsinki, I love their song Hold Music, it always makes me want to stop anything I'm doing and dance.)

Haha Maths is actually my favourite subject. Well, was my favourite subject, rather.

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

This is the same thing thats going through my head about all my 9 exams Frowner. Well apart from one. MULTIPLE CHOICE FTW!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

eeeh mee toooo! my english exam had a prompt that could be told in several different writing formats and i think i chose the wrong one Roll Eyes but i just said "if i dont get into advanced english oh well :| " well its okay anyway since i have all of season 3 of Spongebob Razzer

great show. it really makes me happy.

AND BANANA POPSICLES!!!!

*happy*

Ha ha!! SpongeBob is all that and a bag of chips. Or coral. Razzer

"If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I would have one dollar!" - Squidward

"Life is just a bowl of fancy assorted cashews..." - Patrick

Good times.

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

Ha ha!! SpongeBob is all that and a bag of chips. Or coral. Razzer

"If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I would have one dollar!" - Squidward

"Life is just a bowl of fancy assorted cashews..." - Patrick

Good times.

the first quote is on my facebook!!! Big Grin

i am a spongebob fanatic!! :]