Sign in to follow this  
4goals

The Virginia Qeen "backwards"!

have you all heard about playing the virgin queen backwards and during the part where she is like ummaaahaaabbababbawagaaaabaa ummaa aa wahhha ouh. it says "family come home". Is this true/ if so was it planed because I always thought that part was "different". but different in an excellent way.

have you all heard about playing the virgin queen backwards and during the part where she is like ummaaahaaabbababbawagaaaabaa ummaa aa wahhha ouh. it says "family come home". Is this true/ if so was it planed because I always thought that part was "different". but different in an excellent way.

ohhh yes. that is an amazing part of that song!

It gets stuck in my head often and my peers think im talking gibberish to myself when I sing it

Ive heard it backwards, and you actually can make out the "family come home" part. maybe im crazy? I dont think regina did it on purpose but then again you never know what a musical genius like that is capable of. such as in leonardo da vinci's painting, The Last Supper! all of the secrets hidden in that (like if you superimpose the image there are hidden things)

hmmmmmm

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Or On The Radio in to

hahaha. The fidelity one was just dumb and apparently the work of the phenomonon called "apophenia"

but in the one for on the radio you clearly hear, im so sad at :41 seconds and, now its a funny fellow at 2:15 HAHA pretty wierd. but i think just a coincidence (Like if you play pink floyd's dark side of the moon with The Wizard of OZ, even though it works...it wasnt done on pupose)

Oh wait, one does come to mind that is definitely true.

The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) recorded a song "Fire On The High" where it's obvious they recorded some words in the beginning of the song backwards. When they are played backwards, someone says: "The music is reversible, but time isn't! Turn back, turn back, turn back." Here's the part forward, then reversed:

It's a really kick ass song. Parts of it have been used in commercials for years. And ABC's Wide World of Sports used part of it in their theme music. It takes a bit to get going but I think it's a classic and you may be surprised that you actually know parts of it. If you'd like to hear the song in it's entirety:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Hy6rDahuQ

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

No it's not true. People have been doing this forever. One of the most famous is Paul (McCartney) Is Dead

Yes, now that one is believable... Roll Eyes Dear wikipedia, you could do better. Let's not forget about the "Oh untimely death/bury my body" one.

To be quite honest, I think she should write a song comprised of nothing but gibberish. She could pull it off.

Hahahah...

I invented the Virgin Queen backwards theory, and it was never a serious thing... Muhahaha.

No for real though. Look it up on the 'stix. The evidence of my hilariousness is all right there... in the pixels! Look at the pixels, wouldja?

Why I thought of it, I do not know for sure. I assume it was because I had a very brief obsession with backmasking at the time, so when SRG first gave us the Virgin Queen recording, the indecipherable part was too tempting NOT to try it on.

I LOOOOVE that this little thing is still making the rounds though. People have even asked Reg about it Big Grin Tooo funny!

That is all. Regina doesn't sing backwards :P

For some more backmasking stuffies, conveniently prepared for your listening enjoyment

GO HERE