andreseng

McCarren Park Pool August 15, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Okay. It was great. I got at least 20 mintutes of video of her outside talking to the fans. I got a picture with her as well as several others. At one point, I asked her a question and she actually put her hand on my arm, looked me right in the eye, and answered. It was sooooooooooooo cool!

It was also really awesome meeting up with all the other stixers. I'm working on getting the videos up but the meantime:

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg me and regina (I look weird here, but it's a great picture of Regina).

DSCN0146.jpg me and Reggie (the beatboxer)

DSCN0143.jpg A future 'stix member who's name I believe is Chris (I'm sorry; I'm not that good with names.)

Hey Greg! Yup Chris is my name haha. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO SOOOO MUCH again for taking my picture! It was nice meeting you and everyone else. The show was amazing!! It was my first Regina show ever and wow! I don't even know what to say. It was so amazing! Glad I'm finally on brumstix!

It was an amazing day and show. Im so glad I go to meet all the stixers, the time passed so quickly. Plus with the sound check lasting hours we got two concerts in one! The strings were so beautiful and I loved the New Dance Anthem of the 80's. Im happy the book got delivered safely since i had to leave shortly after the show. But I can't wait to see the handoff video! It was such a fun day!

That was such a great show! It was way better than amazing. There are no words for how awesome that show really was. Big Grin

It was so much fun meeting all of you stixers and holding the "brümstix has a gift for you" cards and taking the group picture.

Regina was soo nice. She talked to everybody. Not just like "I love you! - Thank you".

Real conversations, baby! Smiler

Can't wait for the next show!

Here are a few little random stories from yesterday.

I think sound check made all of us even more excited, especially when she did Us with the strings. I was quite pleased to have been acknowleged as one of the "Gate People." It was completely adorable when we all waved at her and she got overwhelmed/self-conscious and had to look away.

Immediately upon taking the stage, she poured an entire bottle of water over herself. Because, as she later told us, she felt very guilty about being all nice and dry while we all got drenched in the rain.

Interestingly, afterward when she was talking to all of us she told us the story of Lucky Penny's revival. Apparently some TV show contacted her and asked for a "proper master" because the wanted to use the song. At the time, she didn't even remember how to play the song, and certainly didn't have a master to send them. So she searched on the internet and found the only recording available, then relearned the song based on it. How great is that?! That tends to explain why it's sounding a tad different these days. I guess it also says that it's not a song that she was dying to revive, it just sort of happened.

2767462691_f480669069.jpg

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

First: Thanks to the first-hand accounts here and slicknick1986's incredible clips, it sounds and looks like it was an amazing show/experience for all. Congratulations to those fortunate enough to make it to the show (*trying to control jealousy*) and the book handoff.

Second: slicknick1986, you got those videos and that amazing sound from a point-and-shoot?!?!! Camera brand and model#, please! Seriously. Sound like that from a point-and-shoot? In a crowd? In the rain?! Amazing.

Third: Loved, loved, loved the arrangements with the strings. Ahhhh. And what a performance of Dance Anthem of the 80's! Great stuff. I hope she carries the string thing forward in her live shows.

ps "Thank you, gate people!" lol

Looking forward to more McCarren videos.....

quote:
Originally posted by SpaceAce:

Yup Chris is my name haha. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO SOOOO MUCH again for taking my picture! It was nice meeting you and everyone else. The show was amazing!! It was my first Regina show ever and wow! I don't even know what to say. It was so amazing! Glad I'm finally on brumstix!

Chris

We're glad you're here too! It was nice meeting you and welcome to day 2 of your stix life! Cool

Hey guys,

I noticed a setlist several pages back but it the person mentioned that it likely wasn't in the right order/containing all the songs.

Does anyone who went know the whole proper setlist?

Thanks!

P.S. Wow what an amazing sounding show. I'm so jealous of everyone who got to attend. I wonder if she'll continue with the string section at Outside Lands... ???

WOW great pictures and great stories about the gift book, thanks everyone!

quote:
Originally posted by Jasimo:

[...]

Second: slicknick1986, you got those videos and that amazing sound from a point-and-shoot?!?!! Camera brand and model#, please! Seriously. Sound like that from a point-and-shoot? In a crowd? In the rain?! Amazing.

[...]

Yep!! This little thing amazes me haha. When it started to rain again later in the show I kept recording and the camera got quite wet, works fine though...

It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-P200. It's a few years old now so I imagine its hard to find, but I would think many of the Cybershots have great mics or something? I don't know for sure.