andreseng

McCarren Park Pool August 15, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Wow I am so jealous of everyone who was able to take part in this experience...

I am so sad that I havent been able to see her......someday damn it! SOME DAY~!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

one year...

it has been one year since I became so attached to Regina...

it has been one year since I was in the presence of all of you...

it has almost been one year since I joined Brümstix...

and it has almost been one year since my first post...

a lot has changed here since I became a member. not many of the stixers that posted here back when all this happened still post much. I doubt many of you even know what the hype about this show was, why it was such a big deal. but if you read through, you'll figure it out.

I love you all. Thank you Regina for getting me out of a depression, and thank you all for keeping me out.

what a year it has been...

Beuatiful, I wanna cry from reading that. Regina is so amazing... her exceptional talent and beauty has.....im crying now.....touched all of us and I dream that one day I can see her.You are an amazing person too. I am glad that we both love Regina too. One of the first things on my my mind is to go see her in person. I plan on always loving Regina and her music. Kids laugh at me when they fiqure out that I love her music once they fiqure out what its like..... I dont care, I am glad I found these forums, I am alone when it comes to REgina obsession in my life and I hope one day I can meet at least some of you.

All I can say is I think Regina's music has motivated me more than anything. It lifts, moves, inspires, and brings hope an joy into peoples lifes. Something that no music I think has every done to the degree that Regina's has. Please keep reading the whole thing........I dont think sex, or ANYTHING will ever be able to come close to replicating the happiness I will feel when I finally get to see Regina in person/live.....I am glad I got to meet you people. Thanks so much for being kind to me. I do not have any other social outlet for expressing my love for Regina.

quote:

one year...

New album, new tour. Quite the year for sure. I know exactly how you feel though Raph. It was a rather amazing night. It's always nice having an epiphany of sorts. Glad you're still with us here too. So thanks Reginka for it all. And thanks JC & Greg for giving us the means to relive the night over and over. :X

I'm still so amazed about the book...I'm so grateful I was able to be a part of it. And didn't Regina say somewhere that every so often she still sits and looks through it? Probably not so much around now, when she's so busy, but DANG...I just love how we got to show her how much she's affected us and whatnot. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:

one year...

New album, new tour. Quite the year for sure. I know exactly how you feel though Raph. It was a rather amazing night. It's always nice having an epiphany of sorts. Glad you're still with us here too. So thanks Reginka for it all. And thanks JC & Greg for giving us the means to relive the night over and over. :X

Hell, I watch the 23 minute video repeatedly, I wasn't even there. :|

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

I'm still so amazed about the book...I'm so grateful I was able to be a part of it. And didn't Regina say somewhere that every so often she still sits and looks through it? Probably not so much around now, when she's so busy, but DANG...I just love how we got to show her how much she's affected us and whatnot. Big Grin

WOA!!!!!!!! WHAT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg please tell me. I can imagine, I would feel honored and privledged if I got to let REgina know how much of an impact she has on people.

Recent news on the facility:

quote:
McCarren Pool was one of eleven pools opened by Robert Moses in 1936. With a capacity of 6,800, it was the summertime social hub for Greenpoint and Williamsburg. The pool was closed in 1984 and remained closed until the summer of 2005, when the empty pool basin opened as a popular venue for concerts, dance, and movies.

The funding that has been allocated to the McCarren Pool project by Mayor Bloomberg’s PlaNYC2030 effort will enable the renovation of the pool for swimming, the construction of a year-round recreation center, and the preservation and restoration of the historic bathhouse building and entry arch.

Located within the 35-acre McCarren Park, the renovated pool and bathhouse will begin construction in Fall 2009 with completion anticipated in 2011.

See "The Reconstruction of McCarren Pool Project Overview" link here for historical views and simulations of reconstruction.