Sign in to follow this  
ShutMeUp

Where can i find these Regina songs?

quote:
Originally posted by Randy:

"B" Tracks were tradionally lesser known songs that were included on the flip side of a "45 rpm single".An artist would put a "hit song" on the A side, and would sell the single under that name, they would then record a B Track on the reverse and it could be a promotional song, one they were looking to get exposure on or could just be one that really never caught on with the public. The term has come to mean (to those of us old enough to remember 45's) any song that wasn't promoted heavily.

I call 'em B-Sides. Is that an Irish/British thing perhaps?

I've heard it stated both ways here. I think they actually wrote "Side A" and "Side B" on the record, so you are probably more accurate. :-)

They're usually refered to as 'B-sides.'

Maybe that person meant songs with the letter 'b' in them: Baby Jesus.

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

Limewire is quite good for finding rare Reg tracks. I found Aquarius and Rockland County there

so it might be useful to check there Smiler

Is there a demo for Aquarius?

Sadly, it is just the live recording.

But it's a wonderful recording still, you don't even need a demo to be satisfied.

Virgin Queen, however...

quote:
like Folding Chair, for instance.. ive had people say they have that demo.. it was just the live XFM rec.

Actually, I initially also thought that the version on RSO is the same from the Barfly XFM recording, but it's not. They're different. You can tell from the first phrase she plays on the piano. There's a couple of extra notes played in one version.

quote:
Originally posted by rawin:

quote:
like Folding Chair, for instance.. ive had people say they have that demo.. it was just the live XFM rec.

Actually, I initially also thought that the version on RSO is the same from the Barfly XFM recording, but it's not. They're different. You can tell from the first phrase she plays on the piano. There's a couple of extra notes played in one version.

oh no, im talking about people i have come across online. that say

"i have the folding chair demo" and all they have is the barfly rec.

and yeah, the aquarius is just a live recording... i mean really would she record a demo with the sound of klinking bar glasses and played on a plastic keyboard