Sign in to follow this  
AlittleBagofCo-K'n

Bad Feelings

the song hints a lot at cancer.

it's been said that cancer patients eat wonder bread for some specific reason that slips my mind. and the "oh i cut his hair myself one night" suggests that delilah cut samson's hair because he was going through chemotherapy and she probably didn't want to see him go through the pain of watching his ultra powerful hair fall out on its own.

the first time i looked at samson i instantly got the cancer feel because of the "not much hair left on his head" and then i looked more into it and there's quite a few people who believe it's about cancer.

chemo limo made me cry about the first ten times i listened to it. the part about barbara always gets me.

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

the first time i looked at samson i instantly got the cancer feel because of the "not much hair left on his head" and then i looked more into it and there's quite a few people who believe it's about cancer.

chemo limo made me cry about the first ten times i listened to it. the part about barbara always gets me.

i always pictured samson as a young man, but kind of turns into a boy when he is with delilah. and creeps into her room late at night if he's scared.. and she cuts his hair. and she cuts it so short. theres not much left.

but the cancer would be so sad.... :[

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

that part gets me too! and the michael line. all the meanies Frowner.

i'd never associated samson with cancer, but when you put it like that, i guess it makes sense.

Wow, that's really interesting about the Samson and cancer.. I can totally see it. Nice interpretation! I love how people can come up with different ones, like the Mary-Ann Is A Boat And Not A Girl one in Sailor Song. Props a la brumstix.

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

I don't know how I could even begin to respond to what you posted because it MADE NO SENSE.

"...imagine those chickens were white."

- Why they gotta be white chickens? You got something 'gainst white chickens?

isn't white a regular colour for Chickens? a lot of chickens have white feathers... and when you cook 'em, the meat (inside) will be white too...

though, apparently having white feathers seems more common in battery chickens...

Meat Production is becoming quite a headache for the planet and it's dominant animal (us), especially cattle, whose poo adds to green house gasses...

In my province there's still a lot of old fashioned, small scale, mixed farming. however, the provincial and national governments want to build "Pigflats" in some places. These "flats" will house 15,000 pigs if they are ever built (This could be small fries compared to US farms, as we Europeans have the impression that everything is much bigger over there).

The rationale of the higher organisations (Provincial Estates and Secretariat of agriculture and ANIMAL WELLFARE) is that it would be more efficient and better for the environment. The municipalities involved however are very much opposed. The buildings will be ugly and the designers of this plan put in not a single tought on animal well-being. In essence the whole idea is a disguised plan to relocate problems, rather than solving them. I read the entire plan, and it's mostly economic while also providing for dispersed/alleviated polution trough manure and other farm waste in certain places.

agrarian waste will be kept from certain "heritage" area's, and will pile up in an other place. The animals will live inside their whole short life because there's no space for 15,000 pigs to go outside (it's a small country mind you...).

And all because Noord-Brabant (province bordering Belgium) wants to preserve their already stressed environment, they'll move their ambitious breedingbarracks to the Netherlands' Garden (Overijssel).