Sign in to follow this  
mattrscity

Just wanted to say hello

quote:
Originally posted by rawin:

FINLAND!

Teemu Selanne is one of my favourite players ever Big Grin

Esa Tikkanen was my favourite player growing up, and by default, that makes him better than Teeny Salami.

Okay, I'm not scared anymore. Thanks for all your kind words, I'm curling up with happiness. <3

And yes, as I am from Finland I know should be really into winter sports, but I'm not! Sorry folks. I do know who Teemu Selänne is, but that's pretty much it. I don't understand sports, 'cause those guys have to compete all the time and I don't like competitions.

leaves, I had no idea that a real person could actually be called rainna. Exciting! I just came up with the name one day. It's like "rain", but more feminine version of it. Smiler

RJLupin2, I love your screen name! Lupin is pretty much my favourite character ever. I am called "Remia" on some forums. Smiler Making up feminine versions again.

My signature is from the lovely head of wonderful Amanda Palmer. It's a quote from the song "Sing" by The Dresden Dolls. It's an adorable song filled with great lines, I warmly recommend listening to it. And check out also all the other songs by The Dresden Dolls and Amanda Palmer. Advertising? Who, me?

Welcome to all newcomers !! Smiler

Every single stixer has been certified wonderful, sincere and totally honest... We can be trusted with the most intimate details of your life...

I'm partial to photographs of gargantuan women with magnificent afros under their armpits ! Big Grin

Hi everyone!

I also just wanted to say hello... I'm basically just a lurker, and I'll probably continue to mostly lurk... But I thought maybe I'd be more inclined to participate if I introduced myself.

My name is Stephan, pronounced like Steven. I'm 21 years old, from Oregon, majoring in French and Russian in college.

I got into Regina in early 2005 when I was looking for new music in Barnes & Noble on one of those little computers that lets you search and listen. Obviously I fell hopelessly in love, and here I am today.

Anyway, happy holiday times to everyone! Keep warm. Smiler

Well, I've been posting a bit, especially in the respekt: the musical thread, but I've been wanting to introduce myself. I've been looking around for the right thread but i'm just gonna post here.

Hi everyone! My name's Jaraad. I'm 14. Live in the U.S. I've loved Regina more every second since my sister got B2H for my other sister for her bday a couple years back.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of music everyone else listens to. I listen to a lot of female singer songwriters, a lot of Regina, of course, also ingrid michaelson, more regina, sia, other people. I've always hoped to find a male version of Regina, but no male singer songwriters I have found to date are that great, in my opinion. Maybe Ben Folds, some of his songs anyway.

I'm also curious how many other members of Brumstix(the stix? is that what the cool kids say?) are themselves aspiring singer songwriters. I've written a couple of songs, and though I don't consider myself very good, my greatest desire is to magically become good, and be the male regina. Ah, dreams. Okay moving on from depressing myself.

Questions 'bout the stix: What is that infamous book that was handed off to the Great One herself? What is all this bumping going on?

quote:
Originally posted by HFLAbob:

Questions 'bout the stix: What is that infamous book that was handed off to the Great One herself?

The book was a gift made by stixer and presented to reg at the McCarren Park Show in Brooklyn back in August.

You can read all about it, and see the completed project here: http://reginaspektor.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/454107688/m/1061072982/p/1

There is also a vid of the hand off on youtube. Just search "regina mccarren book" and it should come up.

It was a labor of love.....