Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Open Letter

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

I've been slowly checking the stix less and less as well. There's less news and intelligent discussion and more inside jokes and cliques. I have faith in everyone that we can sort this out, I generally think stix people are good people. No relationship is perfect without a little work.

Now get me a cup of coffee!

I also think that one of the reasons why this is all happening is because we're about to be experiencing a kind of Regina drought, seeing as she's done with all her posted tour dates and presuming she's gonna be working on the album for the next few months, there's gonna be a shortage of news and stuff to really talk about.

even though i really believe my part in the "inside joke"ing on the forums was small, i really wish it hadn't gotten this far and i apologize to the members who are being pushed away by it.

i agree that posts on the stix are slowly becoming less meaningful and quickly becoming BS between two, three, or four people in a thread. i don't even check certain threads anymore as a result.

while it's obvious that the chat room has jump started this nonsense, i think we can also use it as a way to get rid of the nonsense. if we keep the two, three, four person BS inside the chatroom and only there, the stix would clean up really fast.

i missed this thread. Frowner i've got mixed feelings on everything that has been said and what is "spam" and what isn't and who can police the forum, etc etc.

first of all...i came here to make friends...to meet people with the same interests as me, and i think i've done that. if everyone posts in a thread titled good news, but only shares their good news and never talks to someone else about their good news, how is that fun? i'm not saying that the useless comments and threads haven't been more prevelant as of late, b/c we all know that they have. my point is that life is too short to be stuffy and worry about lame ass stuff like a useless thread on what "jodi loves". who cares if someone posts it and its super funny and people laugh and enjoy it?

secondly-why is a person who shares political opinions a troll? i believe that there is a place for everything, and while i don't agree that this is the place for political discussions , aren't they allowed to post what they want to and not have to be alienated? i've been thinking about my behavior towards some members...and i'm going to work on being more open-minded.

thirdly...i'm sick of every little comment being called spam. its like...LET'S ALL JUMP ON THE SPAM WAGON. get over it. its the internet.

i know that there are some people who have negative views of george for kinda watching out for the boards, but someone's gotta do it....we all have to do it.

there are so many different people on here that cliques are bound to develop. some people are better matched with some people...i think its crap to say taht "inside jokes prevail". g-i've have inside jokes with you on here. if i see something i don't understand...who cares? i haven't been here as long as you guys.

to summarize: people are just people.

I have noticed that some of the people who love the stix most aren't posting as much anymore.

Including myself.

I even said in the bulletin thread that i have no idea what is going on any more!

Now more than ever we should be making an effort to making the stix the best place it can be. With reginas rising fame, i love the thought you guys are still so close to me.

But, i don't think that this forum is the best outlet to post daily dilemmas, gossip, angry posts, drama, every ten seconds of your life, spam, private jokes... etc. Not to say i havent done this myself.

But our personal moderation has just been eliminated!

Im not saying we should only post about regina... or be crazy organized. But go through and look at some of the threads...

I'm sorry :[