Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.snuffelupagus....yeah!

who have you converted to Reginaism?

just a fun post hopefully not considered as spam cause i don't know what is anymore...

so I was bored and wanted to make a post and this is the only thing that came to mind:

who? and how? did you make(not force,just like telling someone about regina and then the next day they are a fan or somthing) someone start liking Reginka?

Last year I made my English and Music teacher like her quite a bit,my English teacher likes her because regina's lyrics are very cool and interesting(I introduced the song Belt to her BTW) ,and my music teacher likes her because, Regina makes cool sounds,and she has skillz(that's right skills with a z) playing the piano and the chair(I played a Regina song on the piano and he asked me who it was and then we youtubed her).

Well those are the people I infected with Reginitis Smiler

just a fun post hopefully not considered as spam cause i don't know what is anymore...

so I was bored and wanted to make a post and this is the only thing that came to mind:

who? and how? did you make(not force,just like telling someone about regina and then the next day they are a fan or somthing) someone start liking Reginka?

Last year I made my English and Music teacher like her quite a bit,my English teacher likes her because regina's lyrics are very cool and interesting(I introduced the song Belt to her BTW) ,and my music teacher likes her because, Regina makes cool sounds,and she has skillz(that's right skills with a z) playing the piano and the chair(I played a Regina song on the piano and he asked me who it was and then we youtubed her).

Well those are the people I infected with Reginitis Smiler

I wouldn't consider this to be spam, but there have been other threads like this one.

Oh, well. Wink

I've been completely unsuccessful in converting anyone. Frowner Almost a year ago I gave one of my friends a Reg mix CD, but she never got around to listening to it until months later, and even then it didn't make a big impact on her.

And in my English class, my teacher said that we could bring songs for the class to hear that used metaphors and stuff like that in the lyrics, so I brought "A Lesson in How Fleeting Preservation Is," and everyone thought I was batshit crazy.

But it's good to know that some people have been successful in recruiting!

I am Jewish and avoid missionary activities, proselitism, etc. I suppose the reluctance is bred into some of us. Anyways, I don't want any more converts to Regainaism. I am possessive in that way. We don't want our faith to become a mass religion. That would corrupt it. What I have done is buy countless copies of Begin to Hope (especially when Circuit City had it on sale for five bucks) which I have given to many music-loving friends. The more discriminating among them have acknowledged Regina's brilliance.

quote:
Originally posted by barjochai:

I am Jewish and avoid missionary activities, proselitism, etc. I suppose the reluctance is bred into some of us. Anyways, I don't want any more converts to Regainaism. I am possessive in that way. We don't want our faith to become a mass religion. That would corrupt it. What I have done is buy countless copies of Begin to Hope (especially when Circuit City had it on sale for five bucks) which I have given to many music-loving friends. The more discriminating among them have acknowledged Regina's brilliance.

I honestly don't think it should be up to us whether or not she gets bigger, not only that, but it's really selfish to wish that she doesn't get more fans, and no, you're not saying that you don't want her to have more fans but you are saying that you don't want us to recruit new fans, I also think that, if we can manage to recruit someone, we should.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the "circuit city" part of your post.

What are you saying, you don't want anymore people to convert to Reginaism but your giving away copies of Begin To Hope to people?

OK, despite how weird this whole thread is, I'll contribute...

I converted my brother, who happens to be a ridiculously talented singer/songwriter (http://www.citizensmusic.com), his wife, and my girlfriend. Even my mom was wowed by Apres Moi

At McClaren, my brother turned to me and said: "she's a much better lyricist than all those bands we used to listen to. The Beatles, U2, Bowie..."

My brothers saying this is the equivalent of someone changing religions. He knows their catalogs in and out and has incorporated aspects of all of them into his own work. I think what separates Regina is that she's not singing from on high, like some untouchable demi-god

wouldn't you agree?

My exchange partner!

I put some random Regina songs on her MP3 player when we traded around music, and I guess she didn't realize where they came from because she thought one of her friends had put Samson on there. Then she searched it in my iTunes the other day when I was playing music and put it on, and yesterday she goes to me "It was you who put the song "Sam...sam-sone (ohman her accent is adorable) on my portable?" And I say "Yes, Samson, I like that song. Regina Spektor is really good" or something like that, and she goes "Ah yes, I love so much. It is my favourite"

Big Grin

Then we talked about puppies and kittens and how childbirth is scary and growing old and having seven cats.

quote:
Sorry, I didn't read the "circuit city" part of your post.

What are you saying, you don't want anymore people to convert to Reginaism but your giving away copies of Begin To Hope to people?

I think what he (she?) is saying here is that rather than giving people mix CDs of the "best" Reg songs, or copies of Soviet Kitsch he gives out BTH because it's the most "mainstream" (remember all those arguments when it came out?) and by some, least preferred album. As a means of sorting out worthy fans? Giving them the "worst" to see if they can still hear the brilliance? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Just my speculation, correct me if I'm awfully misguided.

oh geez. i've got a few! my friends brittney, toni, ryan, and ashley. i've convinced three people who went to my school to join the stix, but two haven't posted. i think that's it?