Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.snuffelupagus....yeah!

who have you converted to Reginaism?

Oooh, I'm quite active in trying to spread the Reginaism around, but I don't try to if I know they won't like her music or if they aren't "worthy" or whatever. I've gotten three of my close friends and my art teacher totally hooked on her, and my physics teacher already knew about her but I helped him get into her music more than he already was. I also got two of my other close friends kinda hooked on her, and some of my mom's friends. I gave my art teacher a mix CD of Regina's music because she asked for some Regina music from me, and we listened to almost all of it during one art class it was so awesome because everyone was immersed in the musical equivalent of whatever your favorite thing is. I got some people singing when "Fidelity" started, and her music began to grow on most of the class. Yeah. K thnx bye. (Edit: Fixed a spelling mistake (Yeah I'm OCD like that.))

Recently I have converted (or have tried to anyway, to varying degrees of success) to convert several friend to reginisim.

A couple friends got into her because I was into her, but it quickly became clear that they weren't really in it for the genius of her music. And some of my friends like her, but they're not quite reginites. I have one friend that tolerates my Regina chatter quite nicely, and totally had an appropriate reaction (i.e. shrieking, jumping up and down) when I showed her that Laughing With had come out. I have some hope for her. =D

A while ago, at a school concert thing I did Ode to Divorce, and just recently my vice principal came up to me and was like, "Okay, so this... Spektor chick, I'm intrigued..." So I gleefully wrote him down a list of about 20 songs to look up. My mom enjoys happily yelling, "MARY ANN'S A BITCH!" out the window on car rides... so that's good.

I almost ate the lady at Barnes and Noble when I went there to finally buy a hard copy of Soviet Kitsch because I wanted the artwork (after only having it from itunes) because she said something like, "Who is this lady? I've been hearing a lot about her lately..." So I immediately launched into my Regina lecture, and had entirely scared her away by the time the transaction was done. Oops.

I just converted my mom. Lol. I was listening to "poor little rich boy" on youtube, and I kept it open while my mom was checking her email and randomly my mom goes "she's cursing...repeatedly!. Then she had me show her Regina's website, because she wanted to see if Regina was playing any shows near where we lived, which I take as a good sign.

=/ I've just freaked out one of my friends by making her listen to Open/Down the road and up the hill. Which is kinda the opposite of converting someone to reginaism, but i thought i'd post it anyway.

I have been making MASSIVE progress.

Flogging "Far" on my stereo, as loud as possible- all my family can hear it Smiler

My ten year old brother came up to me yesterday, after playing "Far".

He said- "I love Far far away, that's stuck in my head so bad!" (he was talking about Blue Lips, lol)

I caught the same brother a couple of hours later, singing Eet!!!

Also yesterday, my 12 year old sister came up to me before a long car drive. "Hey, could you bring your Regina DVD thing, pleaseee??" (we have a DVD player in the car).

So, I put on the Far bonus DVD, and she sat there watching it. Twice, in fact.

When she woke up this morning, she came over to me...

Sis- You were in my dream last night!

Me- Really?

Sis- Yeah. You and Neha (a friend) where the only ones at a Regina Spektor concert. She was playing and you guys were crying, screaming, proposing and collapsing at the front of the stage. Regina Spektor had to stop and tell you to calm down. But then you ran out screaming "Regina Spektor knows I exist, Regina knows I exist". I really thought it was real.

Me- Lol.

(According to my sister, my friend and I are the only ones who like Regina. I then told her of all the lovely people like us stixters. She was like "oh, well you're the only fans I KNOW.")

And, well, I caught my 13 year old brother singing Dance Anthem of The 80's. That was a massive breakthough.

Aren't you proud?

While having a rather awkward conversation with an ex-boyfriend on Thursday he kindly informed me that he still listens to Regina.

Wow I'm so happy for you... Asshole!

And also, I put a copy of Far in a friends car and she tells me she likes it. Smiler