RJLupin2

Would you pay to get Regina to do a show for us?

quote:
Originally posted by Bill (RJ's Dad):

who is actually in or near nyc?

I live just outside of Manhattan in NJ & I'm in the city all the time (sometimes for work, sometimes for play). I also have a car so I'm not necessarily dependent on public transportation to get in & out.

I lived in the East Village for a while in the 90s & I still spend time there, so I'm quite familiar with the neighborhood, getting around, etc.

My work schedule is fairly flexible & I'd most likely be able to help out if needed once the date is set (I'm using the power of positive thinking here).

As far as a payment system for the venue, how about a PayPal account?

quote:
Originally posted by NYCstargirl:

I just wanted to say that I am very interested in this show. It sounds like it would be an amazing experience. And Im pretty sure I know what theater you are talking about since I live right across the street from it and can see it out my window now Smiler So yes Im interested!

I'm so jealous of you!!! :P Convincing my parents to let me go won't be as easy since I live 6300 km (3900 miles) away... There will probably be some struggle along the way but nothing too serious. hopefully.

And thank you so much for the advice on the flights and trains and pages, "Sgtcampsalot"!! Wink

Hi Everyone-

Just a brief update.

I did speak with Regina's management today briefly and they suggested that at this point I need to speak with Regina's booking agent to see what her availability is BUT that her new tour, whch wil pass through Australia and Europe and Asia would be going through the Spring so it would probably have to be after that.

I did take a look at her scheduled tour dates and it seems she MIGHT have some time somewhere in there for this if she wanted to and if her management and booking agent asked her I think it is still a possibility.

I spoke with her booking agenct's office and they asked me to submit the proposal in writing.

My real hope is that Regina herself might see this thread and want to do it because basically the industry is driven by contracts and competition and profits and this would not be a huge money maker for anyone: it would be more a giving back to her most devoted fans and supporters and her NY hipster community. And she gives plenty already so I would not want her to feel put upon by this request and offer from the Stixers if it isn't her thing just now.

But she said in an interview recently something like it is best to just say what you believe (Talking about "Laughing With" and whether she had concerns about negativity due to the spiritual themes on "Far") because censoring ourselves leads to darker more foreboding things. And I believe she would love doing a small show for people who love her and support her and turn people on to her as much as Brumstix folks do (and she is always so nice to Stixers after the shows). So I figured it should be said. I know my two teenage kids would do whatever it takes to see such a show.

So I will compose a proposal to her booking agent in the next few days and see what happens.

I will ask them to let Miss Spektor know about this thread and see what she thinks.

I know she is busy and probably frazzled preparing for a world tour, so no worries, folks.

If she wants to do it it might still be possible. It might not be until the Spring, though so Keep Hope Alive!

Cheers

Bill

Woo, you made my day (/night)! I knew I won't be able to be at this whole special show (just too expensive as I live in the Netherlands). But thanks so much for telling she'll be in Europe again next spring! Yay!

quote:
Originally posted by Bill (RJ's Dad):

Hi Everyone-

Just a brief update.

I did speak with Regina's management today briefly and they suggested that at this point I need to speak with Regina's booking agent to see what her availability is BUT that her new tour, whch wil pass through Australia and Europe and Asia would be going through the Spring so it would probably have to be after that.

I did take a look at her scheduled tour dates and it seems she MIGHT have some time somewhere in there for this if she wanted to and if her management and booking agent asked her I think it is still a possibility.

I spoke with her booking agenct's office and they asked me to submit the proposal in writing.

My real hope is that Regina herself might see this thread and want to do it because basically the industry is driven by contracts and competition and profits and this would not be a huge money maker for anyone: it would be more a giving back to her most devoted fans and supporters and her NY hipster community. And she gives plenty already so I would not want her to feel put upon by this request and offer from the Stixers if it isn't her thing just now.

But she said in an interview recently something like it is best to just say what you believe (Talking about "Laughing With" and whether she had concerns about negativity due to the spiritual themes on "Far") because censoring ourselves leads to darker more foreboding things. And I believe she would love doing a small show for people who love her and support her and turn people on to her as much as Brumstix folks do (and she is always so nice to Stixers after the shows). So I figured it should be said. I know my two teenage kids would do whatever it takes to see such a show.

So I will compose a proposal to her booking agent in the next few days and see what happens.

I will ask them to let Miss Spektor know about this thread and see what she thinks.

I know she is busy and probably frazzled preparing for a world tour, so no worries, folks.

If she wants to do it it might still be possible. It might not be until the Spring, though so Keep Hope Alive!

Cheers

Bill

You seen all the tour dates?!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

You seen all the tour dates?!

(Raph's Dad here - I accidentally posted under his name sorry)

No - just the ones posted, but in speaking with her management they told me she is doing a world tour and the dates/details are not all set yet.

They had told me about the NYC (Radio City) show being negotiated without identifying the exact venue, so i do think their info is solid re: the world tour generally and I do remember them mentioning Australia, Europe. I think, and Asia (maybe Japan?) but no details yet.

The impression I got was that her itinerary is taking them lots of time and energy and so a show as we are hoping for is not high on their list of priorities as they are all very busy on the world tour (and why they thought AFTER he world tour would work best if it was possible once she is back and rested).

But her tour dates do have her at home in NYC, it seems, at least some of the time in between gigs in the US. so if she WANTED to do a small show like this for Stixers and friends then it MIGHT be doable. But she needs to know about it to decide and there is no guarantee she will hear about it unless someone tells her to check this. So I will ask her people to pass this info along to her (the link) to see how she feels about it.

But who knows? She might be checking this out?

Right now I have a list of the people who have posted here on this thread who would get priority and maybe tickets for two or three friends each (might be standing room but he theater is small) IF we can ever make this happen.

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

This whole thing sounds too good to be true. But if she would do it I would be there. I'll have to fly from Sweden but I'll do it.

I'm thinking the same thing...

do it! fucking do it!

Bill:

I think it's so great that you're taking the initiative to bring about something like this. If you guys pull it off you'l certainly be making a lot of people's day, month, year. Smiler

I wouldn't be able to go, so don't count me in, but I still wanna say that it sounds like such an awesome idea! If I lived in NY, or hell even just in America, I'd definitely chip in.

man, I'm so jealous of everyone who lives in NYC. -_- not just cus of this, but in general, it seems like such a wonderful melting pot, muse, and circus. especially the east village, it seems like such a wonderful cultural place.

I live in CA but I would so love to participate it this. I don't know how much I'd be able to pay for it though, because getting there would be super expensive. I guess I'll wait and see how it pans out. If Regina ends up doing some California shows (not the LA one, LA is too far for me plus it's during the week, during school) then I won't feel so desperate to go and see her.

i'm in.

But i'm almost 17.

i'm in college.

in Ohio.

So as much warning as possible would be appreciated, as i'd be depending on my partent(s) for transport, expenses, permission, supervision... yeah. But, with the development of this looking like it'll be after the spring, i might hold out on my birthday present (ask them to do nothing for me to celebrate), and, (just looking at how things are right now) Christmas, too. Plus saving up my own money.

Because a private concert with Regina is totally worth it, in the long run. Totally.

So, i said all this to say 3 things:

1: i will most likely be there, as long as it's not during finals

2: i think i could contribute a good amount of money (more than $100)

and 3: i'd bet the farm that i'd only have one guest, not 2 or 3. (just to clarify my vote for the seating situation)

Aww man I'd love to go, but being 17, idk if I can make a commitment as far as a monetary contribution, or even if I could get a ride... But I do know who I'd take as my guest. ( Smiler ) So don't put me on the list, but I wish you the best of luck in arranging this!