RJLupin2

Would you pay to get Regina to do a show for us?

That brings up an excellent point Nat. My 2 cents. I don't mean to be critical of Raph's Dad's efforts but I think we need to back up a second. I believe this is being presented backwards.

How could someone say they'd pay for anything when the cost and date is unknown?

I think the total cost supecedes all the other information. This should be established first so as to determine if it would be feasible to cover it reasonably based on the venue size. Then obviously a date should be established before gauging interest. Between all the forums, possibly Brumstix alone as stated, but you also have LJ and reginaspektor.org, you'd have no problem getting 150 people. The true matter is which 150 can do it based on these prerequisites.

If you build it, they will come....

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

That brings up an excellent point Nat. My 2 cents. I don't mean to be critical of Raph's Dad's efforts but I think we need to back up a second. I believe this is being presented backwards.

How could someone say they'd pay for anything when the cost and date is unknown?

I think the total cost supecedes all the other information. This should be established first so as to determine if it would be feasible to cover it reasonably based on the venue size. Then obviously a date should be established before gauging interest. Between all the forums, possibly Brumstix alone as stated, but you also have LJ and reginaspektor.org, you'd have no problem getting 150 people. The true matter is which 150 can do it based on these prerequisites.

If you build it, they will come....

Hi Andreseng -

Raphael's dad here. You make a good point. This was originally Raph's idea after he got to meet some of the brumstix crew at McCarran Park last summer.

He asked me (since I have worked in the entertainment business some) whether it would be possible, if Stixers might rent my friend's theater for a special show for her fans here.

The space was not available until now, but I thought it might be possible if Stixers and their friends could come up with the resources to ask her management to see if she would be willing to play in such a small venue based on her availability (I told them where the venue is on St. Marks Place - and asked them to think about it)

Before I went back to them I wanted to make sure that there was sufficient interest and willingness to chip in here for such an event which would not be publicly advertised and would not have a public sale of tickets. Some of the proceeds would possibly go to the theater for its preservation and the event would be, at least the way I envision it, as a sort of private fundraiser with special invitations to stixers and their guests.

There also might be opportunities for folks to act as ushers etc so they would not have to pay.

But right now this is primarily for the Brumstix community because my son is a strong supporter of this site and I imagine there are more than 150-200 stixers who would want to go.

I have handled such events in the nonprofit theater and music world and it is very common. But before i went back to her management to discuss fees and dates I wanted to be sure there was enough support to do it the way I think would work best for the stixers.

If you want to privately invite folks to become members here so that they can participate that is fine. But I do not really want this to be advertised all over the web because it is up in the air, it's not meant to be for anyone but stixers and their friends.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

If you want to privately invite folks to become members here so that they can participate that is fine. But I do not really want this to be advertised all over the web because it is up in the air, it's not meant to be for anyone but stixers and their friends.

I'm not advertising or inviting. I said that merely to drive home the point that the number is easily obtainable if you can get the logistics worked out. Thanks for your efforts.

Let me preface everything I'm about to say with I'm sure everybody here would love the type of concert you've described.

My only concern is that it seems strange to try to rush people into a decision when there are no definite plans to lean on. Speaking for myself, I'd have to book a flight, find a place to stay, scrounge up the money to do all that plus the price of the ticket, and all this while dealing with my senior year of college and the cost of materials for my classes and time dedication it entails. I have the feeling others might be in similar situations.

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

The amount of money i would be willing to shell out would increase tenfold if there were a possibility of Spektris playing as the opening act!

One of my better posts Nat! Thanks for making me smile. For those that don't know about the band Spektris check it.