RJLupin2

Would you pay to get Regina to do a show for us?

I would totally be down and would be willing to pay just about any price especially if it will be that intimate and small. Only thing is I won't be back in the northeast till mid-January, so if it's anytime after then then definitely count me in! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

The amount of money i would be willing to shell out would increase tenfold if there were a possibility of Spektris playing as the opening act!

One of my better posts Nat! Thanks for making me smile. For those that don't know about the band Spektris check it.

Meeeeeemories! (all alone in the moonlight...)

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Let me preface everything I'm about to say with I'm sure everybody here would love the type of concert you've described.

My only concern is that it seems strange to try to rush people into a decision when there are no definite plans to lean on. Speaking for myself, I'd have to book a flight, find a place to stay, scrounge up the money to do all that plus the price of the ticket, and all this while dealing with my senior year of college and the cost of materials for my classes and time dedication it entails. I have the feeling others might be in similar situations.

Best of Luck, you will make it just fine!

I would be up for this, for sure, esp. if the concert happened on a weekend. I would bring my 2 kids and a regina-fan friend. I am not sure what my financial constraints would be---I guess that depends on when the concert happens (soon? next year?). But I am definitely interested! Smiler

This whole thing sounds too good to be true. But if she would do it I would be there. I'll have to fly from Sweden but I'll do it. I've checked some prices, and the flight could be as cheap as 700 dollars. But I have to KNOW the date so that I can book my flight as cheap as possible. I'm willing to pay around 300 for the concert. (I voted that too) I'll start saving now. If anyone could give me information about where I could stay and how to travel from the nearest airport I would appreciate it !! Just give us the date and I'm sure we'd all go! I'm just concerned that everyone can't come... I haven't been a member here for a long time so you guys don't know me yet... Oh. it's for everyone on the forum right? I would give one foot to go! I'm almost panicking thinking about what songs she would play and how it would be to meet her... Please keep us updated! It would be awesome!

Hi everyone-

Raphael's Dad here-

We have been unavailable for a few days so I am just checking in to let you know that I am still firming up the availability of the venue and potential dates etc.

Because her new date scheduled for Radio City Music Hall may have restrictions on NYC performance dates (meaning she may be contractually obligated to not perform too close to her radio city performance dates in the new york city area for a given time period - I do not yet know details) I am still working on available dates at the venue at St. Marks Place to see if it is still a strong possibility and when it might be possible over the course of the next six months or so but sooner if possible.

Keep the faith as it may well be.

While I do not want Ms. Spektor to feel any "pressure" to do this show nor do I want to dismay any of her other fans by keeping this too much like a private show for Stixers, I am pretty much working on the premise that Stixers could fill the hall and that if we can rent the hall she might be willing to do it with her management's agreement.

I need to get a few more details in place but appreciate all the responses in the meantime.

I would add that those who have voted and said they would participate but have not posted SHOULD post using their screen names from brumstix in case this really happens and we need to start taking names and requests for some sort of reservations on a sort of first come first served basis (I do notwant to see folks who support this excluded because they did not post their names here).

This is still not confirmed but I just want to make sure long term Stixers make their names known here so if they want to be included they will be.

I can't mention the name of the venue right now (although Regina's management has it) as they could probably not handle any volume of inquiries etc. - but I will say that the space has only 8 rows of about 18-20 seats across so every seat would be an excellent one (depending on the piano type and position). It is a very cool old space that has seen many historic performers and performances.

I will probably be in touch with her management early next week.

If you know others here who want to be included have them post here. If it actually happens it will probably fill up fast - but those who respond her will be considered first and of you are in the NYC area and want to usher or volunteer let us know so we can see if you can save on the price or if not get help from other stixers who can chip in more (just an idea at this point) if you really can't chip in.

Then I will probably have the management take a look at this topic and see if Ms. Spektor is willing and comfortable with it (she may not be and that is cool too - but I believe in creative visualization and a little faith - and she certainly can be inspirational it seems for all of us most of the time).

I will check back in tomorrow

Peace all,

Bill (Raph's Dad)

Pending specific event information, I would absolutely do this. I could definitely, hypothetically, bring two guests [who are posters here] if that is the case.

I would simply, like others, need info so I can arrange flights, and schedule around insanely rough classes.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Let me preface everything I'm about to say with I'm sure everybody here would love the type of concert you've described.

My only concern is that it seems strange to try to rush people into a decision when there are no definite plans to lean on. Speaking for myself, I'd have to book a flight, find a place to stay, scrounge up the money to do all that plus the price of the ticket, and all this while dealing with my senior year of college and the cost of materials for my classes and time dedication it entails. I have the feeling others might be in similar situations.

(Raph's Dad again)

I know and understand. Before I went back to even discuss specifics I wanted to be sure that at least about 30 people here were willing and able to support tickets in the $100-200 range for such an event in a great venue and which event not only is great for Stixers but also benefits a historic venue by keeping its lights on and the bills paid for a little while. It is not mant to make anyone a profit (except to fairly pay Regina and her people and whatever staff are needed there).

I first saw Regina at Toad's Place in New Haven Connecticut with my daughter (Maia who does the radio show and plays Regina for her theme song "On the Radio" every show) in a venue where you could walk right up to the stage and she shone and was funny and my daughter (it was for her seventeenth birthday) stood in the all ages section up close while i sat and listened. I know that shows like that are worth a million dollars and come few times in life for most kids.

more later, Raph wants on...

I will post details when i have them

could you imagine if this really ended up happening? it would be amazing! i am totally in for this if it works out, depending of course on the date and time. i hadn't posted earlier because i am embarrassingly short of funds, lol. so my contribution will be limited i guess, but i am crossing my fingers that this will work out!

...a private stix show. no way. that is the stuff dreams are made of! lol. Big Grin

I love this idea, but like everyone else here I need a certain date because I would need to get to Ny. I'm sure my brother would love to go. He loves NY so I;m thinking this would not be a problem. It could turn out to be a big problem though. So put me down in the maybe category. Depending on how things go I could probably pay 50 bucks or more, probably is the main word here.

Edit. Does anybody else see this becoming elitist like the whole demo tape thing. I'm just wondering since the venue is so small.

Edit. I'm posting my name here, sorry would have done it earlier, but I didn't think it would matter. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances of getting to go. Eeker