RJLupin2

Would you pay to get Regina to do a show for us?

I would love for this to happen. Obviously money is tight, so I'll have to see what the circumstances are when the opportunity comes up. For the moment, though, I am dreaming for this to happen!

Much love,

Juanito-ito-ito.

quote:
Originally posted by SugarDrive:

you got your own account!!!!!! now i can officially say...welcome to the stix. Smiler

kurt and i did stage crew for quite some time for a small local band. if that is needed, we'd be more than happy to help.

also...when i said that i was in, i meant i as in we (kurt and i). this will obviously depend on the day of the week as Kurt and I will both be in school this coming semester.

i can't help but think how cool this would be. i'm trying to not get my hopes up though.

Hey - would you be coming from milwookie Wisconsin or are you closer?

OMG if she ever does a show for us on the forums I am going to do whatever is in my power to see it. I would pay! I would love to meet REgina and you guys too!!! Hopefully she will!!!

OK. I might be planning ahead of myself, but could anyone tell me what airport I should fly to to get the closest to the venue? It's good for checking prices and stuff, and preparing my parents so that they wont be too chocked when I announce (in six months or so) I'm going to NY ... =)

I would look up every possible flight option for: JFK Airport, Laguardia Airport, and Newark Airport. Also just googlemap each one too, so you have an idea of proximity.

Though in my experience, even though Newark is the [slightly] furthest away, I always get my flights cheapest into/out of there. And there's a train that goes directly from the airport to/from Penn Station, in the city.

But mostly, just research every possibility every which way for each airport. Sometimes I've been forced to get one one-way flight into one airport, and get another one-way flight out of another one.

Kayak.com and Priceline.com are your friends. But once you find the flights you want on there, just search that flight on the actual airline's website and purchase through there. Otherwise kayak/priceline are just annoying middle-men if you have to do anything about your ticket.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill (RJ's Dad):

quote:

you got your own account!!!!!! now i can officially say...welcome to the stix. Smiler

kurt and i did stage crew for quite some time for a small local band. if that is needed, we'd be more than happy to help.

also...when i said that i was in, i meant i as in we (kurt and i). this will obviously depend on the day of the week as Kurt and I will both be in school this coming semester.

i can't help but think how cool this would be. i'm trying to not get my hopes up though.

Hey - would you be coming from milwookie Wisconsin or are you closer?

milwooookie. quite a trip, so the more notice, the better.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill (RJ's Dad):

Right now if everyone who voted brought 3 friends the seats would be almost filled

Well, if Jodi is coming, I'm definitely coming. Wink

No, actually, I voted a long time ago. If it happens, I'd be there in a heartbeat, barring any outrageous insurmountable time conflicts. But for the record, I have no friends. haha. At least none (outside brumstix) that would have the desire to come to this.

Thanks Raph and Bill for your efforts.

quote:

does the amtrack run that direction i wonder? it might be cool to pick people up on the train on the way out. would take more time than a flight though...so might not be feasible.

You can take train from milwaukee to chicago (the Hiawatha) and then from there straight to NYc. If you get a one week pass or a two week pass it is pretty cheap (like $350) and you can get on and off anywhere and sleep on the train too and go both ways for that price. Goes through cleveland and you could visit the rock and roll museum even!

check out the amtrak online thing and look for the weeklong passes or more. I did it last summer to Denver from the East Coast and it is a double decker train with scenic cars and lots of interesting travelers from around the world. Much btter than flying.